Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

How long?

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 10:14 AM
  • 27 Replies

When you had made the choice that your relationship needed to end, how long did it take you from making that choice to actually going through with it?

by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Callaly
by Jessica on Apr. 10, 2014 at 10:15 AM

It took me 9 months and 2 attempts to actually leave him. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Apr. 10, 2014 at 10:16 AM

Almost 2 years.

Callaly
by Jessica on Apr. 10, 2014 at 10:22 AM

How did you prepair yourself for it?

I made sure that I got a job before I even told him I was thinking about leaving to make sure that even if he tried to take everything from me I knew that I would have a paycheck.

Quoting virginiamama71:

Almost 2 years.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Apr. 10, 2014 at 10:42 AM

It was something we both eventually agreed on. He stayed for a few months cause he was the one who needed extra money to live.

Quoting Callaly:

How did you prepair yourself for it?

I made sure that I got a job before I even told him I was thinking about leaving to make sure that even if he tried to take everything from me I knew that I would have a paycheck.

Quoting virginiamama71:

Almost 2 years.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Apr. 10, 2014 at 10:43 AM

We both said the same thing. I never want to have to make this decision again.

Quoting Callaly:

It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do.

Callaly
by Jessica on Apr. 10, 2014 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Me either, and hopefully we both won't have to.

Quoting virginiamama71:

We both said the same thing. I never want to have to make this decision again.

Quoting Callaly:

It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do.

ChangingLanes
by Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Mine was in 2 parts. I knew it had to end or I was going to be really bad...I mean REALLY bad so I cut it off BOOM! But it took me 2 years to emotionally accept it....I may still not wholeheartedly accept it because it was all so surreal. I don't have the nightmares about it anymore...it was VERY hard to do....but I had my kids to think about.

MissTuree
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 11:10 AM
It was pretty easy, I found out I was pregnant and I called him and dumped him. My heart was broken for the following year or two but I knew it was for the best.
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Apr. 10, 2014 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

what happened?

Quoting MissTuree: It was pretty easy, I found out I was pregnant and I called him and dumped him. My heart was broken for the following year or two but I knew it was for the best.

MissTuree
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 11:27 AM
2 moms liked this
He got me pregnant on purpose. I didn't really understand when he did it, but it clicked when I found out I was pregnant. I was 18 so I was not the brightest. He pushed me to have sex made me lay down and not look at him while he 'put the condom on' then held me so I couldn't move move when he finished, holding himself inside of me. Pretending like he was just trying to hug me. I just cried because it felt so wrong but I couldn't understand why because it's not like we hadn't had sex before and I loved him. Something felt....off though about this time.

When I found out I was pregnant I was enraged. I knew he did it on purpose thinking that would mean I'd get kicked out of the military and be forced to just marry him and raise his kids. He didn't like me leaving to make a life for myself.

It was still a roller coaster though, there were times I wanted him back because I wanted to have a family, but I knew I was better than him. I had ambition and a strong work ethic. He thought getting high and living off his parents while working a minimum wage job was sufficient. So I may still be a single mother and my son doesn't know him but I think my ds and I won in this situation. He has real male role models to look up to (my dad and brother) and I've made a financially stable, drug free life for us.

And that's my novel. Lol Sorry!

Quoting virginiamama71:

what happened?

Quoting MissTuree: It was pretty easy, I found out I was pregnant and I called him and dumped him. My heart was broken for the following year or two but I knew it was for the best.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)