Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Venting!!

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 11:44 PM
  • 13 Replies

Ok, I just need to say this so I can get it off my chest. My friend calls herself a single mom because her husband is out of town often, she said i'm practically a single mom expect for financially. It bugged me so bad because she is not she has a husband who is there for her emotionally, physically, financially. and helps when he is home he is an awesome dad. I wanted to say no you are not a single mom because of those reasons but she is prego and super hormonal and we are not as close as we used to be. I don't if I should say something or just ignore her when she says it. She has no idea what is like to be alone she acts like she is prefect at everything.

I just needed to get that off my chest !! not sure why it bugs me so much and why I let it.angry

by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Karen24
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:08 AM
2 moms liked this

I hear ya! It irks me when married women say "My husband is going out of town the week for his work so I'm going to be single mom for a week". Nope. You're NOT a single mom. Your husband just won't be there. He's still bringing home a paycheck to support you and the kids. Try doing doing it 24/7/365 and THEN we'll talk.   

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this

When I was married to the military we used to say we were "single wives" for 7 months but neverr a single mom. I would just ignore her and limit your interaction with her. She may get the point, probably won't but it will help your sanity.

Miss_Magnolia.
by Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:33 AM
2 moms liked this
I felt this way at the end of my marriage. Mostly because he didn't do anything. He was a paycheck.
It's very different truly doing it alone.
plprincess78
by Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I felt this way a lot with my Ex as he was military and we dealt with Deployments and such.  Always said I felt more single than married.  Now that I've done the actually single parenting stuff I realize that while both suck it is harder to be completely single.

Nisha929
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Really? Whether you like it or not she has a right to feel how she feels. Sounds like you might be a little jealous of your "friend".  

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Apr. 18, 2014 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I felt the same way at the end of my marriage too.

Quoting Miss_Magnolia.: I felt this way at the end of my marriage. Mostly because he didn't do anything. He was a paycheck. It's very different truly doing it alone.

Kiwaii2
by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 11:07 PM

Nisha929

First of all I am not jealous of anyone! Iam too busy to waste my time with negitive emotions.  and I was venting which means getting something off your chest so I don't have to think about it anymore.

Thanks

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Apr. 18, 2014 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree!
I have a neighbor who has a husband that often goes away on business, she thinks of herself as a "single mom" to. I was really upset about it one day last year and made a post about it in this group.
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

It bugs me when married women say that too. You're not a single mom and the situations aren't comparable.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Apr. 20, 2014 at 11:33 PM
Everyone's life is different and until they are actually single moms they don't realize what they have
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN