Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Your City

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2014 at 6:39 PM
  • 18 Replies
Today me and SO and a few friends went walking around did a bit of shopping and it got me thinking..

What is something you love about your city and one thing that needs to change?
by on Apr. 19, 2014 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Callaly
by Jessica on Apr. 19, 2014 at 6:40 PM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I live in Montreal Canada and I love the arts and old european feel. But i hate the pot holes and horrible roads. I took this picture today of some random street art
brieri
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 7:19 PM

Love the city because everything is in walking distance, stores, shops, general merchandise, gyms, and lots of parks around.  I could take the bus to the mall as it stops at my front door.  Or I could take the trolley clear across the town and back.  What I hate - is the emergency personnel coming from no where.

Heath77
by on Apr. 19, 2014 at 7:44 PM
I don't live in the city. I live in the suburbs, but I love everything here and can't find one thing I don't like thankfully.
ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Love the history and being close to great theme parks but the tourists can be annoying.  =0)

<b>Colonial Williamsburg </b>Va

arkmomma06
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 8:52 PM
Traffic around here sucks
sid1083
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 9:17 PM
Portland: where young people go to retire.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:54 PM

We are not in the city, but out in the country.

I love it for the nature, (we are in horse country) the beautiful horse farms.

A change is they need to update to times. There was a meeting a couple weeks ago but all the dirt roads in our area and thruout the Western part of the County htat need to be updated, paved or better mainted with gravel more often and ditches dug out more often too.

Most of the people who live on the dirt roads have horses and do not want the change cause they need the dirt roads for riding and fox hunting. Old time traditions.

Than there are some people on the dirt roads that do not have horses or SUV's and the dirt roads, and pot holes are messing up the cars they have.

And the same people who have the farms have paved area for their horses to walk on but need the dirt roads for their horses.

Jenn8604
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I live in a small town of 8500. I like the autism class they have for my son in the school.
i hate how corrupt everything is here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moosesmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I love the fact that the people are constantly changing. Military city, so I've met some incredible people from all over the globe.

I hate the fact that people are constantly leaving. You make friends, establish relationships with people and then they're gone.
teapartydiva524
by Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 12:56 AM

I don't really consider Xenia to be a city.  More of a town I guess.  I love the sense of community.  The town puts on a little festival the first Friday of the month May-September and most things there are free.  You have to pay to eat and bounce in the bounce house.  There's face painting, balloon animals, magicians, the local ballet studio dancers make little tiaras for the girls that stop by their little booth/table.  It's a lot of fun.  At Christmas they have a little park with an old fashioned house and a garden and they set up the house with Santa and Mrs. Claus.  You can take the picture for free or pay the photographer to do it.  They give you carriage rides through the gardens which are all lit up.  It's just nice that all the kids here get to enjoy these things.  I also love the old buildings.

This is part of our downtown.

This is the courthouse.  My dd thinks it's a castle.

The one thing I would change is the restaurant selection.  We have the basics covered but only a couple that are locally owned and not franchised.  I'm not that into chain restaurants.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)