Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I miss my son so much when hes with his dad....

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 2:36 AM
  • 6 Replies

I work full time and also go to school for Dental hygiene, so my schedule is pretty busy during the week. So we agreed for the school year my son can stay with his dad during the mon-thursday, but I cant help but feel sad when hes with his dad and I feel like he thinks im never there. I call him everday after work before school. My son is in kindergarten right now, we have been on this schedule since sept. I just cant help get around this feeling, does this make me a bad mom? My friday through sunday nights are my one on one with him. i know in most cases its supposed to be the other way around, but his dads work schedule is more flexible than mine. I feel like if i have him during the week I wouldnt have time with him cause by the time im home he would be in bed. Any advice on how to dope with feeling like im not the mom I want to be?

by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 2:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Monsita
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 3:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Hugs.
I know it is really hard.

For the first year after my divorce, my ex ended spending more time with my kids as well, because I was working and going to school too.
What helped me was to keep telling myself "this is for few more months" "few more weeks" "few more hours"
My ex's job worked with him so well, that he could even work from his house and be extra time with our kids.
Now, things are much better for me, so I get to enjoy them and have them a little more, even though my ex still gets one more day than me, every week!
mummyoftwins92
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 3:26 AM
1 mom liked this
I know its hard but your doing the right thing for your son..i hope things get better x
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 2:15 PM
2 moms liked this

I know what you mean.  My kids spent a month with their dad last summer and a week into it I just broke down in tears, my heart hurt with missing them so much.

I don't think it makes you a bad mom at all that your son spends time with his dad.  Rather a great mom because you're willing to work with his dad to do whatever is the best thing for your son.

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like you are a mom who loves your little boy enough that you gave him what is best for him. When you have him he has you 100%, not the nanny, not grandma, not the sitter. YOU

There is no "supposed" to be. You put your child's needs first, that is what a mom is supposed to do. Good job mom!

lindsey1baby
by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 6:36 PM
Me and my ex decided 4 months at a time since we don't live close by. My little is 7 months right now. I always wonder if I made the right choice. I feel terrible when we Skype because it reminds me I'm not there for him. Its a really hard place. I'm sorry.

Quoting LizziAllene:

I work full time and also go to school for Dental hygiene, so my schedule is pretty busy during the week. So we agreed for the school year my son can stay with his dad during the mon-thursday, but I cant help but feel sad when hes with his dad and I feel like he thinks im never there. I call him everday after work before school. My son is in kindergarten right now, we have been on this schedule since sept. I just cant help get around this feeling, does this make me a bad mom? My friday through sunday nights are my one on one with him. i know in most cases its supposed to be the other way around, but his dads work schedule is more flexible than mine. I feel like if i have him during the week I wouldnt have time with him cause by the time im home he would be in bed. Any advice on how to dope with feeling like im not the mom I want to be?

LizziAllene
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 1:18 AM

Thank you ladies for responding. Y'all made me feel better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN