Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Sad..grieving divorce

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:52 AM
  • 21 Replies
1 mom liked this
Since my husband sprung divorce on me a month after I had our son my emotions (obviously) have been all over the place. I feel sad, anger, resentful, hopeful, excited for the future then back to feeling sad, etc. the larder days I've been feeling stressed and exhausted dealing with our son. While my ex is still in our sons life he is around him for an hr a day and does not do as much as me. I have just been feeling sad and I know it's all apart of the grieving process so I am just trying to go with it. I've just been sleeping like crap and have been definelty feeling some anxiety around transitioning into this new life. Just sad because I had a baby with this man whole heartingly trusting him. I've never trusted a man before and that's why I married him.. Just thought I had a partner and turns out I was wrong.

Anyone else going through these feelings?
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cmjustice
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 7:25 AM
3 moms liked this
Been there. It gets better.

It may get worse during the actual legal proceedings but it gets better down the road.
dawncs
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:14 AM

It will get better in time. He thinks he can go back to his old days without responsbility and being single in life. He will be stuck paying child support on your son until he is age 18. He probably got really scared as a father to be. I know it is no excuse in life for his actions. I recommend joining http://www.parentswithoutpartners.org/ because you are not alone in life.

jlm2676
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:16 AM
Yes, I found out stbx cheated on me in December. I am still feeling all of those emotions, but it gets better.
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh sweetie, you're going through much more than divorce emotions, you've got hormonal stuff to contend with as well since you have a new baby.  Just one of these things is a lot on someone's plate but together I'm sure it feels impossible.

First thing is that I would let your OB know when you go in for your post-partum check about the situation and about the anxiety and fears you're having.  He may recommend therapy or grief counseling, but there is a lot of hope in having someone to talk to about what's going on.

fostermommy1
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 2:40 PM

It does get better.  Lots more than the idea of divorce going on for you right now.  Deep breath and keep plugging along.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Apr. 22, 2014 at 12:03 AM
Hugs like with any death it will get better but it will take time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 1:32 AM

It's not easy, but over time it gets better

istealcookies
by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 4:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I had similar circumstances. :(  It was pretty hard on me. I felt like I lost my best friend. Things get better as soon as the divorce is final. Hang in there.

Feel free to add me on fb. Always looking to make new friends. www.facebook.com/brenda.naranjo3

kate1903
by Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 8:29 AM
Hang in there...concentrate on your child...he will regret his decision eventually...be a better person, karma will get him at the end.... time heals and once you get comfortable you will find the right guy that will love you forever. Happiness is one thing how you can get back on your ex...
mama-mom-mommy
by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 8:31 AM
What a dick!!
Soeey you have to go through this shit time in your life during what is supposed to be the happiest with your first beautiful baby!!
Try to focus on your child. And give yourself time, at night after baby is asleep to grieve.
I mean glass of wine, joni mitchelle playing, looking at wedding album bawling your eyes out grieve.
you will get past this one day and look back on it and think it waa the vest thing that happened to you.
Love on that baby, and start to see your marriage for what it really was vs what you imagined it to be.
You will get there, and be better off for it.
Hugs and good luck!
Oh and avoid any urge to do something drastic with your hair!!...lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)