Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Child support

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 1:15 PM
  • 9 Replies
When the father fails to report he got a job, what happens? I'm new to this whole Child Support thing. If any of you have any advice regarding child support and how it works or your experience with it anything would be useful.
by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 1:29 PM

If child support goes through CSE then report his new job to them. If you are wanting at get cs changed based on his new job then you need to file in court to have the cs adjusted. Mind you, courts don't necessarily change the cs if it's been recently looked at or there is only a small difference.

Callaly
by Jessica on Apr. 22, 2014 at 1:30 PM

Do they take the money from his pay directly?

Basically my ex changed jobs and didn't notify the government and so they called me none stop to get his new info. Nothing really happened except I didn't get payments and he was just more in the rears.

brieri
by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 1:36 PM

I don't understand what you mean if he fails to report he got a new job?  Who is this to be referred to?  Please be more specific.

NataliaLinny
by New Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 1:39 PM
Fails to report to the CS agency.

Quoting brieri:

I don't understand what you mean if he fails to report he got a new job?  Who is this to be referred to?  Please be more specific.

Singlemama52
by Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 1:43 PM
I called CS, reported his new job, the address of the job and his full name. Bam, they found him.
brieri
by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 1:45 PM

Quoting NataliaLinny: Fails to report to the CS agency.
Quoting brieri:

then you would probably have to contact the courts or DSS office  yourself and tell them.  I am sorry I don't know much more about it, because I have never had to deal with this type of situation. I am sure there are many other moms here who can help you. 

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 6:12 PM

find out where he works and report it yourself.

wendythewriter
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 8:13 PM

Depending on your state, his employer may report it. Some states now have forms that are filled out during the new hire paperwork that get sent to the state. The information is entered and checked against a database. If the new hire has any outstanding orders, like child support or a judgment on student loans or something like that, it gets flagged. Either they get in touch with the new hire then to arrange the payments, or if there's an income deduction order, the state then sends a copy of the order to the employer to get the money taken out of the paycheck. 

Otherwise, the only thing you can do is find out where he works, get all the pertinent info and inform them yourself that he has a new job. 

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:44 AM

Quoting faerie75:

find out where he works and report it yourself.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)