Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

My daughters father

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 5:19 PM
  • 9 Replies
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

My little princess Madeline is 2 months old! I look at her and just wonder when she's going to ask about her dad. I just can't bare to think of the heartbreak she's going to have one day because of him. He wants absolutely NOTHING to do with her and won't take any responsibility. Everyone says I need to take him to court for child support but honestly..I don't even want a penny from him. He's pathetic. Just thought I'd see if there were any other moms on the same boat as me. Could use some people to talk to! It's really hard knowing he doesn't even care about his own flesh and blood :/
by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Nisha929
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this

She's adorable. However, she's only 2 months old so I think you're getting ahead of yourself in regard to wondering about her asking about him. None of us know what the future holds so one day he might want to be apart of her life. As of right now...be the best mom you can be and enjoy your daughter. Just because you don't want a penny from him doesn't mean that you shouldn't get him for CS for Madeline's sake. Being a single mom isn't easy in any aspect...financially included. If he doesn't want to be a father...fine. He shouldn't get away with doing nothing at all though. In the end the choice is yours. I hope things work out for the best.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Apr. 22, 2014 at 7:32 PM

What did he say is the reason he does not want to be in her life?

Mira_B
by Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 7:45 PM

She's so cute!!

You should deff go for child support YOU may not think it would make a difference but my dad missed out for 17 years and I know that if my mom would have got CS for me things could have been totally different for me... The same could be said for her. He took the time to help make her he can help pay for her expenses...

nana776
by Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 8:13 PM

Like Nisha said, don't get ahead of the game. You don't know what may happen in the future. 

I would still go after the CS, you can always put it into savings for her. 

BTW, she is gorgeous!! I love those bright eyes!!

shima
by Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 9:44 PM
She is gorgeous! :)

My ds sperm donor only sees him once every couple of months (last time was right after Xmas). He didn't even call to tell him happy birthday last month. It's really hard to look at your precious baby and not understand why someone could be that way, but you just gotta deal and chug along and be there for her. My ex and I split up about a week before my ds 3rd bday and you know what? He doesn't even ask about him anymore, maybe just the random "I really want to finish that video game I was playing over there, has he called?" She has YOU and don't underestimate what that means.

As far as the CS goes, go ahead and get it and put it in a college fund for her. That money is rightfully hers even if you don't want it.

Good luck and hugs!
OneLoveCK
by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 10:25 PM
Hi my name is candice and I am in the same boat I did go for child support but hes not paying they took his license because of it but he is still driving. He is a dead beat aka sperm donor. I do often think the same thaughts about my daughter and wonder when it will come up but honesty is the best policy and that s exactly what I will tell her is the truth
I am sorry your in this situation but its twice of everything for you hugs, kisses, love. I know its hard but you will get through it my daughter is almost 2 and it does get better with time.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:38 AM
What a doll!!! My son is 4 he has asked a couple times and I've told him his dad loves him but wasn't ready to be a dad. He's accepted that and I will keep telling him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jrlnikki95
by New Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 10:02 PM
That's exactly how my baby's father is I'm 26 weeks and he's the same way.

Quoting Amandalmortimer:

Mobile Photo

My little princess Madeline is 2 months old! I look at her and just wonder when she's going to ask about her dad. I just can't bare to think of the heartbreak she's going to have one day because of him. He wants absolutely NOTHING to do with her and won't take any responsibility. Everyone says I need to take him to court for child support but honestly..I don't even want a penny from him. He's pathetic. Just thought I'd see if there were any other moms on the same boat as me. Could use some people to talk to! It's really hard knowing he doesn't even care about his own flesh and blood :/
Callaly
by Jessica on Apr. 24, 2014 at 9:11 AM

Don't stress yourself about a topic that you have probably years to think about. And if/when she does ask you answer the most age appropriate way and don't give more then she asks.

And you should file to get CS, not for you but for your DD, even if its the minimum payment, it can go into a bank acocunt and sit there for either a rainy day or for her future.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)