Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Apartment Complex Neighbors (vent)

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 10:18 AM
  • 14 Replies

I'm just doomed to live near junky ass people. My neighbor below me used to keep all kinds of shit around her front door-swim rafts, 5 pairs of shoes, hang towels and her gigantic swim shorts up to dry... it was an eyesore and after a couple of complaints to the mgmt office it was addressed.

Now they've spruced up our complex with fresh paint and sent out letter to all of us saying we gotta keep it clean i.e. no clutter on the balconies or front door areas. Only patio furniture and plants. So, my downstairs lady has about seven or eight storage bins on her balcony, three or so tables (office tables, not patio furniture) with plastic pitchers, used yogurt containers, etc. with plant stems trying to grow them? Ugh, it is such an eyesore. Why do people insist on having way too much shit! It's just her and her 11 year old daughter in a two bedroom. What gives?

Then we got new neighbors on the first floor and THEIR patio is piled with stuff. Black plastic bags in multiples, sitting in laundry baskets on top of their dryer, various bins half empty, trash, etc. They actually had a bin of magaines and books that got soaked that they put by their front door which is at the bottom of the stairs and I had to walk by it every day until finally it was gone @10 days later. Then it was a bent hula hoop. Then it was boxes from new dining chairs they bought. Then it was a plastic trash can for a couple of days.

I feel like saying "there are places in the country where you can live like this and nobody gives a shit. Get you a trailer and spare us all the eyesore. Jeez!"

by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nisha929
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 10:58 AM

Well everyone isn't going to be like you and sometimes that's the kind of bullshit you have to deal with when living in an apartment complex. It sucks I know but what can you do? Clearly management doesn't care too much because people are still doing what they're doing. If they (management) start throwing the shit out that people aren't supposed to have on their balconies/patios then maybe they'd stop.

Callaly
by Jessica on Apr. 24, 2014 at 11:05 AM

It really sucks, its like they don't have pride for the place that they are living.

I am moving into a triplex (its 3 units in 1 building) and in the lease agreement it clearly states that weekly one of us has to clear the hallway of dirt/dust/mudd and its up to us to schedule the weeks with eachother.

I would bring it up to management if its that horrible!

Karen24
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:47 PM

Ugh. My neighborhood is the same and I don't live in an apartment complex. It's a semi-rural township with a mix of rental homes, owner-occupied homes, and trailer courts. I have neighbors who have tons of crap in their yards -bags of garbage, old tires, broken-down cars, and just general JUNK. Many of them don't even bother moving their trash cans from the curb after pick up day - they let them sit there ALL the time!Oh and there is always litter on the ground because neither the kids or their trashy parents drop their candy wrappers or bottles/cans in the trash when they're hanging around outside. I HATE it and I'm trying to save up money so I can move the heck OUT of here!  

idomatter
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 1:11 PM

Yep, just because you move out of an apartment complex to a neighborhood there's NO guarantee the neighbors will keep up their property. I hate the Homeowners Association police but sometimes they're good at getting on the people whose places aren't kept up.

Quoting Karen24:

Ugh. My neighborhood is the same and I don't live in an apartment complex. It's a semi-rural township with a mix of rental homes, owner-occupied homes, and trailer courts. I have neighbors who have tons of crap in their yards -bags of garbage, old tires, broken-down cars, and just general JUNK. Many of them don't even bother moving their trash cans from the curb after pick up day - they let them sit there ALL the time!Oh and there is always litter on the ground because neither the kids or their trashy parents drop their candy wrappers or bottles/cans in the trash when they're hanging around outside. I HATE it and I'm trying to save up money so I can move the heck OUT of here!  

mz23
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 4:36 PM
If I didnt stay with my parents, that would be the neighborhood id be living in. As much as I wanna move out, I just can't.. Some ppl just aren't used to anythinf nice. . Poor or not, you can still be presentable jeez.
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 4:45 PM

I don't understand why some people let their homes look like that. Management doesn't care so people are going to keep it messy

just4ds10ee
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:24 PM

that is the very reason the houses I haved owned were in subdivisions that were you pay HOA fees  , in spite of the fees you never have to deal with crap like that... and only upscale gated apartment complexes so then again never having to deal with that kind of crap!!!!!!!

brieri
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:46 PM

it happens anywhere you live.  I live in HOA townhomes in a nice area and there are people here who put all their stuff in the garages and carports when they are supposed to be putting their cars there.  Homeowners here are supposed to paint their homes and yet a majority havent done so.  Too much work for the most part as the homes are over 20 yrs old but a many people either don't have the money or they just don't care how their homes look. There is not enough to have guests park in designated areas because the homeowners take the visitor parking lots.  I also used to live in gated community and I have seen things on their patios when they don't belong.  Yes it was an upscale place.

Quoting just4ds10ee:

that is the very reason the houses I haved owned were in subdivisions that were you pay HOA fees  , in spite of the fees you never have to deal with crap like that... and only upscale gated apartment complexes so then again never having to deal with that kind of crap!!!!!!!

brieri
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting cjsmom1:

I don't understand why some people let their homes look like that. Management doesn't care so people are going to keep it messy

Management probably does care, but over the years they probably didn't enforce it much and so now if they try to, it still won't work.  Some of it is due to Management issues, but a majority of people don't care how they live.  Homes/apts are getting smaller to live in and there is no place to put their stuff.  Gotta look at the number of people living in that 2 bedroom placae and their ages.

inked_mommy07
by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 5:06 PM

Have you by chance tried talking to you Front office about it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)