Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I am a sucker...

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 10:47 AM
  • 6 Replies

I manage a firm and I have this soft spot for a single mom (employee) of mines. She lives in Broward and works in Miami (its about a 45 minute drive in traffic). She just started a month ago and has been late 4 times.. I write up employess after 3 times... I haven't wrote her up yet Lol she comes in late and scared and my heart sinks to my ass and shes soo young! She's 20 (same age when I had my son) I'm 29. I've already warned her like I do to most of my employeess so hopefully next month in May she have her crap together. He son is 18 months and is the cutest thingggg! Im such a sucker

by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I understand but try not to let it go on too long.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this

You're sweet to think of your employee, but you're not doing her any favors by being so generous with her and not giving her the same treatment as your other employees.  I know she's young, but she's not going to learn if she's given special treatment.

sid1083
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Hopefully your other employees don't see this favoritism - it could put you in a bind.

bcauseimthemom
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 1:57 PM

How are you going to handle it when your other employees notice the favoritism??

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:25 PM

i am late every day ever since i came back from maternity leave last year. my old boss didnt care. my new boss does but i dont give a shit because i hate my new boss. lol. i told him i cant drop my baby off before a certain time to daycare (its true though)

Frances0923
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 3:03 PM
Not a problem in my office. I have the same employees for years and we are considered a family. And I have helped each and one of the at some point with certain things

Quoting bcauseimthemom:

How are you going to handle it when your other employees notice the favoritism??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)