Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Did you do anything odd or compulsive after your separation/divorce?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 4:24 PM
  • 16 Replies

When a relationship ends, some women become obsessive about cleaning their home, others hit online dating like crazy, or start binge exercising, etc.

Did you do anything odd or compulsive after your separation/divorce? Share your story!

by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Callaly
by Jessica on Apr. 25, 2014 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I did the gym and ate rarely anything :S I lost alot of weight doing that but it was really the wrong way to do things!

cmjustice
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 4:50 PM
2 moms liked this
I tattooed my foot. I still refer to it as my "divorce tattoo." Haha
bluedeaj
by Deidre on Apr. 25, 2014 at 5:41 PM

yes, I took scissors to my hair back in november.  And chopped a good portion of it off  I accidentally gave myself a mullet and am not allowed to bring scissors near my hair myself again LOL

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Apr. 25, 2014 at 5:42 PM

I dyed my hair, and got a tattoo.

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Apr. 25, 2014 at 5:43 PM

I never thought of it like that. I guess I have a "divorce tattoo" to.

Quoting cmjustice: I tattooed my foot. I still refer to it as my "divorce tattoo." Haha

Mznaye
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 5:46 PM
I stopped eating and lost a ton of weight after I left him. After the divorce was final I did nothing
CaBeachMom
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 6:15 PM

When I first found out about the affair..and the drugs...and the financial loss, I stopped eating. I just had no appetite. I still worked out though because it was the only time I felt good about myself. I lost 20 lbs (I was only 115 lbs to start) but I wasn't healthy. It took me about 6 months after separating to finally start eating normally and put on a healthy amount of weight. When I put on about 10 lbs of the 20 I lost, he told me I was looking chunky...lol. 

OvrMyHead
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 6:21 PM

I got a tummy tuck.  I had wanted to do it for a about a year before he left but couldn't justify spending the money on it.  After he left, I did start dating a lot and got the surgery.  It was my gift to myself.

cmjustice
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 6:50 PM
Mine's pretty and delicate (it's a cherry blossom that was hand- sketched on my foot) but it also says "keep moving forward." Definitely a divorce tattoo. Haha.

Quoting diaperstodating:

Quoting cmjustice: I tattooed my foot. I still refer to it as my "divorce tattoo." Haha

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this
It does sound nice.
Mine is a broken heart, not pretty or delicate. It's on my lower back where no one can see.

Quoting cmjustice: Mine's pretty and delicate (it's a cherry blossom that was hand- sketched on my foot) but it also says "keep moving forward." Definitely a divorce tattoo. Haha.

Quoting diaperstodating:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)