Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Will I ever find love again

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 6:06 AM
  • 24 Replies
I often wonder if I'll ever find love again outside of my kids. I'm a single mom with two kids due at the end of June with my son and a 4 year old daughter.

What keeps running through my head is that I will always be alone and I'll never find that one person that makes the three of us happy, truth be told Iam scared to look because who's going to want a mom with two kids? I don't think anyone would.

I love being a mom and would never give my kids up for a man. Imo they come first and that's how it will always be.
by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 6:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessicamommyof6
by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 6:17 AM
4 moms liked this
At one point I was the same way but then I met my fiance and he excepted me with my 4 kids and we ended up having 2 more but he treats all of my kids as his own.... Keep your head up you will find that one special man who will except you and your kidos :)
mommy_2_be_2010
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 7:17 AM
I get so tired of sleeping alone

Quoting Jessicamommyof6: At one point I was the same way but then I met my fiance and he excepted me with my 4 kids and we ended up having 2 more but he treats all of my kids as his own.... Keep your head up you will find that one special man who will except you and your kidos :)
RalphsMommy123
by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this
I can honestly say i have never been in love. Relationships never last for me or I find out I was being used. My sons father was a bad decision that I made. I dont know what being loved feels like besides the love from my son. I know what you are going through. I go through periods of loneliness every so often. I feel like im the ugliest thing in the world sometimes. I also wonder what is wrong with me and wonder why I am never the person someone acknowledges. I most times ask the guy for his number if I feel confident enough that he may be interested. Sometimes it works and most times its an epic fail. You just have to think about your kids. We cant worry about man if we aren't happy with ourselves. It will get better with time. You just have to occupy yourself with things and the loneliness feeling will go away.
kylensmom1229
by Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 9:34 AM
2 moms liked this

I identify....I always worry that I'm not really looking for someine to make me happy, but for someone  that's good to my son. My son comes first, even when it comes to my own happiness. I always thought I was content with just my little boy, but I would love to have a partner, a teammate in raising a family.  Except I'm afraid I'm going to look for someone who's a good father-figure over a good partner. 

What I have decided, and you should think about, is why are we looking? If something is meant to happen, it will. Don't look, let it come to you.  I know alot of good men who have dated and even married girls with children that weren't there's. (Obviously none of them have found me yet, but until they do, my son and I are perfectly content to have each other!)

It's scary to be out there again, especially when the stakes are raised because it's not just you that could get hurt- now your children are involved too. But I say, as long as you are happy with the life you have, then don't go searching. Everything happens for a reason and if it's meant to be it will be.

As for me, I have to realize there has to be some balance between my son's happiness and mine when it comes to finding someone meant for us.

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 11:18 AM
3 moms liked this

I felt the same way but it was "who would want a single mom with 4 kids". The other thing I learned is that no one will love me until I love myself. Find happiness first, then look for someone to add to your happiness.

mommy_2_be_2010
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 11:58 AM
That's why I literally throw myself into my daughter and come June I will be throwing myself into caring for my son. I'm a little worried my dd's dad may try and take them both because he is claiming my son and I already know my son isn't his.

He bought a crib for my son and thinks he has the right to be in the room when my son is born.

He got pissed because I told him he is not allowed anywhere near our dd or my son while I'm in the hospital our dd will be with me in the room and he will not be allowed in the hospital.

I made sure he knows I have someone caring for dd while me and my son are there.

My kids are all I have and I refuse to give them up.

Quoting RalphsMommy123: I can honestly say i have never been in love. Relationships never last for me or I find out I was being used. My sons father was a bad decision that I made. I dont know what being loved feels like besides the love from my son. I know what you are going through. I go through periods of loneliness every so often. I feel like im the ugliest thing in the world sometimes. I also wonder what is wrong with me and wonder why I am never the person someone acknowledges. I most times ask the guy for his number if I feel confident enough that he may be interested. Sometimes it works and most times its an epic fail. You just have to think about your kids. We cant worry about man if we aren't happy with ourselves. It will get better with time. You just have to occupy yourself with things and the loneliness feeling will go away.
deltathree
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 12:03 PM

When the time is right.....

brieri
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Looks like you have answered your own question. 

toimarie
by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 3:03 PM

OMG I sometimes struggle with the same thing! I have 4 boys, with three different men - and I think the person I would want wouldnt want me - how stupid. For me I have learned to look within and make sure I fully understand what I want and how I want it. It helps. Dream of the life you want and work towards that - it will give you drive and focus!

Hope that helps!

With Love,
Toi

My Blog:
Lessons From A Baby Mama

LuvMommysBabies
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:52 AM
I often wonder who will want to be with someone with 3 children.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN