Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

how to start dating

Posted by on May. 2, 2014 at 7:32 PM
  • 15 Replies

hello guys, the father of my little ones and i have been separated for over 6 months now, my friends say that i need to just get over it and start dating, but i cant even imagine being with anyone else after all he put me through, should i just jump in the dating pool? how do i even do that? the whole dating and starting a new relationship seem to me so scary, opinions, advice, anything.

by on May. 2, 2014 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NananRaysmom
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2014 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this
If you're not ready...don't do it...
It took me over 5 years
Mygirl30248
by Member on May. 2, 2014 at 7:41 PM
Its very scary I agree. Not sure how you jump in to the dating game. So here is a bump.
Heath77
by on May. 2, 2014 at 10:55 PM
I would take time to heal first. When its time you'll know.
Jenn8604
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2014 at 11:01 PM
Ignore them. You will date when you're good and ready to. It took me over 5 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heather77g
by Member on May. 2, 2014 at 11:03 PM

Just take your time, when its time you will know. :)

virginiamama71
by Carrie on May. 2, 2014 at 11:08 PM

You are not ready.

d_toval
by Member on May. 2, 2014 at 11:55 PM

thank you guys, i think you are right, im not ready at all to start seeing anyone yet

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2014 at 12:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't start dating until you're ready. When you're ready to date it will be a lot easier.

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2014 at 9:02 AM
Follow your own heart..dont start dating if your not ready? Just because your friends think you should. Let your heart heal.. Love yourself..enjoy your own company. When the time is right? You will know
kylensmom1229
by Member on May. 3, 2014 at 9:10 AM

6 months? That's it? You've got plenty of time. It's been 4 years for me and I'm still healing from the hell he put me through.  But I do get that feeling that I won't even know love if it hits me in the face. I don't  even remember what it's like to be in a real relationship (the last one I was in - my son's father - was certainly not what you would call a relationship. It was a storm). WHy do you need to "jump in to the dating pool"? Why not just let things happen? If someone comes along, and you weren't out "looking" for them, I feel like it would be more real.  And about your friends saying "get over it"? There is no statute of limitations on grieving or on being hurt. Take your time

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)