Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

scared to start over

Posted by on May. 3, 2014 at 11:45 PM
  • 11 Replies
I am interested in someone and he's interested in me. I am so nervous about dating again. Any moms have advice for getting back in the dating world.
by on May. 3, 2014 at 11:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krisnkids
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 7:10 AM
Leave the past where it belongs. In the past.

It's a lot easier said than done but I am trying.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 4, 2014 at 10:00 PM
Good luck keep us updated
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2014 at 6:43 AM

No advice but good luck

Callaly
by Jessica on May. 5, 2014 at 1:35 PM

Like Kris said, leave the past in the past.

Take it really slow and make sure that he knows your intention to take it slow. Communicate and don't be afraid, try as much as possible to just go with the flow, and follow your instincts!

CherylP3
by on May. 5, 2014 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Be careful but not shut off. Take it slow and
let him date you. Take you out on public dates and learn more about each other. Don't introduce him to the kids too early. Know more about him first. Have fun and good luck!
LaurenCalt
by Member on May. 5, 2014 at 4:29 PM
2 moms liked this

As a single, dating parent, I understand the urgency to just be settled and situated in a new relationship and routine.  My ex-boyfriend met my son after 1.5 months (I know, shocker!), and was living with us after 4 months (I know, shocker #2!).  We missed all of the fun in the beginning of our new romance, because I rushed to just be "back to normalcy."  But it was actually to all of our detriments.  We weren't very compatible after all, and the relationship failed after a year.

My current boyfriend has children of his own, and its been a nice balance having someone else make smart decisions about kid intros and pacing the relationship.  

My best advice is to take your time and try to enjoy the little things in the beginning of your new romance.  As a grown woman, you are entitled to love and happiness.  So go for it without reservation, but just encourage yourself to pace your milestones with the new guy, enjoy  every step of the way, make him earn a place in  your and your children's lives, and make smart choices. 

Good luck!

LuvMommysBabies
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2014 at 9:57 PM
Thank you

Quoting LaurenCalt:

As a single, dating parent, I understand the urgency to just be settled and situated in a new relationship and routine.  My ex-boyfriend met my son after 1.5 months (I know, shocker!), and was living with us after 4 months (I know, shocker #2!).  We missed all of the fun in the beginning of our new romance, because I rushed to just be "back to normalcy."  But it was actually to all of our detriments.  We weren't very compatible after all, and the relationship failed after a year.

My current boyfriend has children of his own, and its been a nice balance having someone else make smart decisions about kid intros and pacing the relationship.  

My best advice is to take your time and try to enjoy the little things in the beginning of your new romance.  As a grown woman, you are entitled to love and happiness.  So go for it without reservation, but just encourage yourself to pace your milestones with the new guy, enjoy  every step of the way, make him earn a place in  your and your children's lives, and make smart choices. 

Good luck!

LuvMommysBabies
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2014 at 9:59 PM
It feels like forever since I've dated. He's already been around my kids, we've known each other since we we're teens, but just recently ran into each other again. My fear is being hurt again.

Quoting CherylP3: Be careful but not shut off. Take it slow and
let him date you. Take you out on public dates and learn more about each other. Don't introduce him to the kids too early. Know more about him first. Have fun and good luck!
Foxximama918
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 8:49 AM

If your afraid to be hurt again..then your not ready to love again

LilMamaK
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Take it slow, remember he is NOT your ex and he shouldn't pay for past losers mistakes, and leave the past in the past!

Mommy to a beautiful daughter (7.5.08), Stepmom to an amazing son(6.5.07), and Angel baby boy(3.6.10)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)