Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I have seen a change

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:35 AM
  • 15 Replies

I have seen a change in my ex husband and it is positive.He is starting to change his ways and regrets the abuse he put me through.Plus he finally admited that he has a drinking problem and getting help for it.I am proud of him for that and hopefully we can work on him getting joint custody after he finishes the program he is getting help for the drinking problem.He came by Friday night sober and seen our kids.My ex husband finally listened to his family and they are working things out too.I admit he is doing the right thing and a much better person.

by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on May. 4, 2014 at 10:46 AM

I hope he will continue with the program so he can have a better relationship with his children.

haileyj1
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

He has not had a drink for 30 days now and says he is better off sober.My daughter Allison has been the biggest inspiration for him to stay sober.It has been a song by Montgomery Gentry called some people change that inspired him to change

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iSf8wxEttk

His family and friends said he is a much better person now.He realized the hurt he did to them also.My ex husband knows we will never get back together.Great thing is the child support and spousal support comes in on time and he is helping out raise our son and daughter very well.

Karen24
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 12:08 PM
That's good. Hope it continues.
arkmomma06
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 4:05 PM
That's good news
haileyj1
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 5:22 PM

He is thinking about my kids and I a lot more.Getting help for his anger issues too.My ex has to prove it to me before I completely forgive him for what happened in the past.

krisnkids
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 5:43 PM
Awesome news.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 4, 2014 at 9:53 PM
That's great! I hope he keeps it up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
haileyj1
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 10:18 PM

He knows this stuff he is getting help for has to be finished first and we can discuss changing the child custody to joint custody next.Contacted my lawyer and he said that is great news.He goes to a support group for people with drinking problems and says the guy running it has been a great help.I am supporting him through this.My son and daughter like the new him so far.They said the old him was mean and cruel.Plus he plans on speaking out to abusive men that abuse their wives or girlfriend to change their ways,this is his way of giving right back.

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2014 at 6:42 AM
1 mom liked this

That's grwat. Hopefully he finishes the program and stays sober when it's done.

Callaly
by Jessica on May. 5, 2014 at 8:50 AM

I hope his good attitude will continue for you and your kids!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)