Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Security

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 5:49 PM
  • 7 Replies
So in Sunday School this morning our teacher made a comment. He said the number one thing that a wife wants is security.

Now granted most of us aren't wives, but it got me thinking, is it the same for all of us as well? Security can mean so many different things gs; financial, physical, emotional etc.

Is security the number one for you?
by on May. 4, 2014 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
krisnkids
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 5:51 PM
For me I think it is. At the tail end of my marriage I did not feel secure; I was scared of my ex, both physically and emotionally. With my bf I feel safe. I can't tell you how many times he has hugged me and I just felt so safe and secure.
toimarie
by on May. 4, 2014 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Security is a big deal in a relationship - without it you can't be who you really are with that other person. For me, security means that you can cry when you need to, be happy when you need to, be angry when you need to and know that your significant other is there for you. Its the difference between and authentic relationship and a forced, toxic relationship.

With Love,
Toi

My Blog:
Lessons From A Baby Mama

LifeCafe42
by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:51 PM
Definitely I want a secure job secure home secure life
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Group Admin on May. 5, 2014 at 6:48 AM

It definitely is important

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on May. 5, 2014 at 7:17 AM
Yes it is important.
wendythewriter
by on May. 5, 2014 at 8:19 AM

Security is definitely important for me. Not necessarily related to a relationship, as I'm not dating right now. But financial security, security in terms of knowing my home is safe and secure (from intruders as well as weather, etc.), those are very important to me. 

I also look for security in friendships - people that I can talk to about anything bothering me in my life without fear that they will judge me, blame me, lecture me, or blab to others what I've said. And if I were dating, I would definitely be seeking all types of security in a man: one who is financially secure, who would keep me and my kids safe and secure and that I could talk to. 

Callaly
by Jessica on May. 5, 2014 at 8:35 AM

I think that its important, but its self tought. You are the only person that can control yourself and your own situation so you need to be secure with yourself in all aspects of life to be able to bring in someone else to build a secure life together.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)