Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just filed for child support

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:26 PM
  • 7 Replies

I've been seperated from my husband since March of 2009 but have never asked for child support. I have a 9 year old with him. I also have a 1 month old from my now ex boyfriend. I recently found out that he had been lieing to me about everything. He told me he was seperated from his wife, that he has 4 kids ages 12, 11 (twins) and 8 and was 38 years old. So you can imagine my surprise when I received a phone call from his 21 year old telling me that his mom had found the bracelet from the nursery in the pocket of my ex's pants. He was not seperated from his wife, has a total of 9 kids (that includes my daughter) and that he is actually 48 years old. And to top all this off he seems to have decided to walk away. I haven't heard from him in almost a week. I texted him the other day asking if he had decided to walk away. Since I haven't heard back I'm taking it as a yes. My son's father is barely in his life and now my daughter has no dad in hers either. It absolutely kils me. Yeah I'm pissed about what he did but my daughter shouldn't suffer because he's an asshole. Still needs her dad or at least a father figure. I'm sitting here crying because that's how bad it hurts. I have two absolutely beautiful children and their dads don't care. How can someone walk away from their own child? It helps me to know that at least my son gets to see his dad a few times a year. But it breaks my heart to know that my daughter will never know hers.

But I just filed for child support for both kids. My son's father hasn't paid child support since we split up. He's been without a job for a while but now he's working and also he had a child with his girlfriend so I'm going to make sure he supports the one he already has.

*^*Carolyn*^* 

by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LifeCafe42
by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:41 PM
Hugs mama in sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Carolynishappy
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:18 PM

Thanks. I guess I'm still just trying to wrap my head around how I didn't see signs about him lying to me. I feel so angry, betrayed, hurt, embarassed and disgusted.

Quoting LifeCafe42: Hugs mama in sorry

faerie75
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2014 at 11:45 PM
I'm sorry :( that sounds so crappy
cjsmom1
by Group Admin on May. 5, 2014 at 6:42 AM

I'm sorry

Oliviasmom72
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2014 at 3:08 PM

Sorry. However BD #2 has a ton of kids. It is unlikely the courts are going to award you much especially if he has other orders out or he has all these other kids to support. You really need to google the child support guidelines for your state. See how much his current kids, who are not part of an order, will offset it. Who knows his wife may leave and she will likely file for support too.

How did you not know he was married and had all these kids? Did you never go to his house?

virginiamama71
by Carrie on May. 6, 2014 at 3:09 PM

good luck

Carolynishappy
by on May. 7, 2014 at 7:21 PM

I'm not worried about how much I get. I filed because he needs to help support our daughter. I'm sure his wife is going to leave and file for child support also. 3 kids are over 18 and do not live at home so she would be filing for 4 kids. I knew he was married, he told me he was seperated from her. I didn't know they were still living together. He lead me to believe she lived in a town 20 mins from here and no I never went to his house. I had only been therea couple times but it was to pick him up while his car was in the shop.

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

Sorry. However BD #2 has a ton of kids. It is unlikely the courts are going to award you much especially if he has other orders out or he has all these other kids to support. You really need to google the child support guidelines for your state. See how much his current kids, who are not part of an order, will offset it. Who knows his wife may leave and she will likely file for support too.

How did you not know he was married and had all these kids? Did you never go to his house?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)