Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TIME AWAY .?

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:58 PM
  • 8 Replies
DO U EVER GET TIME AWAY FROM UR KIDS?? I MEAN JUST TIME TO DO STUFF U LIKE TO DO..??I HAVEN'T HAD A DAY AWAY IN 5 MONTHS.I,M FEELING IT NOW..MAMA NEED TIME OFF..LOL
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Jenn8604
by on May. 5, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Yeah when I work or he's in school. Otherwise I haven't been out in 6 mos and 8 days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Group Admin on May. 5, 2014 at 6:37 AM

Yes, I do. If I need a break my ex, mom, brother, or sister will take him.

wendythewriter
by on May. 5, 2014 at 8:45 AM

Not a lot, but some. Recently, a group of friends and I have started a once a month moms/girls night out. We've only done it twice so far, but it's been great. It's just maybe six hours or so on a Friday night, but it's nice to get that time away, have grown up conversations, and not have to worry about keeping an eye on the kids or watching what we say because little ears might overhear. 

Other than that one night a month, my only "me time" is an hour or two after the kids are in bed, and maybe a half an hour to an hour in the morning if I happen to get up before them. We homeschool and I work from home, so we are literally together all the time. lol

virginiamama71
by Carrie on May. 5, 2014 at 9:11 AM

Yes when I go to work and when he goes to visit his father.

But I prefer time with my son. We always have fun!!

krisnkids
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2014 at 9:12 AM

All the kids were at their dad's house for Christmas and I went to my mom's. That was wonderful. It won't happen again as the older two refuse to go back.

I get what I can when I can. Last weekend after the girls' game we dropped the kids at houses and had some time to ourselves for a few hours. My youngest is 9 and oldest is 16 so babysitters aren't required.

SwitchbladeMama
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2014 at 8:17 AM

Yep, I do.

Singlemama52
by on May. 8, 2014 at 8:23 AM
This.. I hate to be away from him.

Quoting virginiamama71:

Yes when I go to work and when he goes to visit his father.

But I prefer time with my son. We always have fun!!

sid1083
by on May. 8, 2014 at 1:27 PM

I pay for an extra sitter every Monday evening so I can do something I like to do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)