Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

What is the longest you've gone between relationships?

Posted by on May. 5, 2014 at 1:39 PM
  • 18 Replies

For me, it's been about 5 years.  But, I ask this because I have a couple of friends who seem to bounce from one relationship to another in no time.  In fact, one friend split with her long-term boyfriend last week and is already dating her latest "Knight in Shining Armor". And, yes, she's a single mom.

by on May. 5, 2014 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jenn8604
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2014 at 1:42 PM
5 years and 8 mos to the day between when my ex and I split and I dated this nice guy last year for about 2 mos. I'm single again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krisnkids
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2014 at 1:43 PM

For me it takes a lot to be in a true relationship, I have read over and over that if you don't have the time and energy to put into a relationship something is going to give. So I guess the longest I've gone (mind you I really do not date around or much) is between being married to my ex and my new bf, so almost 5 years to the day of the divorce was final.

Frances0923
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2014 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Two years... BEST two years of my life! First boyfriend (exdh/ds father) was at 18 yrs old. I never dated during middle/higj school 

Nisha929
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2014 at 2:34 PM

Speaking on my last and current relationships...I ended one in August of 2012 and ended up in another in September 2012. Me and my current boyfriend have been together for 19 months. The guy before this one didn't meet my kids. Your friends are grown and can do as they please. but hopefully the kids arent meeting every man they end up in a relationship with.  

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2014 at 2:38 PM

I hope not, too, but I think they have met these men.

Quoting Nisha929:

Speaking on my last and current relationships...I ended one in August of 2012 and ended up in another in September 2012. Me and my current boyfriend have been together for 19 months. The guy before this one didn't meet my kids. Your friends are grown and can do as they please. but hopefully the kids arent meeting every man they end up in a relationship with.  

Nisha929
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2014 at 2:44 PM

There lies the problem a lot of times. If someone wants to date a bunch of different people or have a boyfriend Tuesday and a new one Thursday...fine. Just don't subject the kids to that instability. It's not good for children to see mom (or dad) with so many different people especially in a short period of time. Although I ended up in a relationship a month after the previous one ended...he didn't meet my kids until 6 months later.    

Quoting amonkeymom:

I hope not, too, but I think they have met these men.

Quoting Nisha929:

teapartydiva524
by Member on May. 5, 2014 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

About 9 months.  My first long term committed relationship was with my husband.  He swept me off my feet when I was 24 and we were married 6 months later.  I had dated before him but nothing serious or long term.  My SO and I officially started seeing each other about 9 months after my ex and I separated.  We had been friends before the separation and that's just the direction things progressed.  We are still taking things at a snail's pace (been together 2 years and I just signed another year lease on my place, he doesn't stay the night if my daughter is home, etc.) but I love him and I'm really happy.  I had envisioned myself being single longer but I guess the powers that be had other plans.

Callaly
by Jessica on May. 5, 2014 at 3:21 PM

She sounds like me, to be honest, I used to love the "getting to know" stage, the cute fun romantic trying to impress eachother, and every guy was my prince. Its not a good way, but its a way to get over someone that really did break your heart.

While I was in the stage of "everyman is prince charming" I never let anyone meet my DD. I hope she doesn't introduce everyone to her kids, as her friend maybe open her eyes to how damaging this could be to her kids.

Camsmom218
by Member on May. 5, 2014 at 4:30 PM
3 months and its the worst decision I ever made. I was with my highschhol sweetheart turned husband for 11 years. Jumped out if that straight into a relationship with my DS father. We were together almost 2 years. Then when I said in was gonna be single and enjoy myself I bumped into my best friends cousin who talked me into being in a relationship with him 3 months later. We were together off and on for almost 4 years and now I'm expecting my 2nd DS,my first child wuth him and we just broke up. I'm 6 months pregnant. Its hard when you're use to being in a relationship but I'm trying to focus on the new baby and raising my boys and letting true live find me.I'm not gonna lie everyday I think a about if I will ever be in a good true honest relationship and it scares me. Not sure why Im so obsessed with relationships but I've learned my lesson. Stay single.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 6, 2014 at 12:51 AM
1 mom liked this
3 years
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN