Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

How to move on when you have a child together?

Posted by on May. 6, 2014 at 2:19 PM
  • 14 Replies

I would really like to get ideas and suggestions on how to move on with my life, even though I have a child with my soon to be ex-husband.

I am currently going through divorce, we go to see a therapist for co parenting. Although my mind tells me my ex is bad for me, my heart is a different story. I see him twice a week, once during our therapy session and another when he takes our daughter. He recently bought me 2 books "Parenting from the Inside out" and "Bright from the Start", Its funny he would do that because I used to be an elementary school teacher and a lot of what it says in the books, I already learned and know.

so...Needless to say, its been difficult. For those of you who already went through this, how did you do it? what did you do to move on and get through the days?

by on May. 6, 2014 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lunarprancer
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2014 at 2:20 PM

BUMP

try2bstrong
by on May. 6, 2014 at 2:21 PM

sorry, I don't understand... what does "Bump" mean?

Quoting Lunarprancer:

BUMP

virginiamama71
by Carrie on May. 6, 2014 at 2:25 PM

we both agreed we were not compatiable for marriage. And staying together for the child would only make it worse for the child cause after trying nothing worked.

We are who we are.

Lunarprancer
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2014 at 2:34 PM
2 moms liked this

It is to "bump up my post".  I am not in your situation, but wanted you to get feedback. 

Quoting try2bstrong:

sorry, I don't understand... what does "Bump" mean?

Quoting Lunarprancer:

BUMP

try2bstrong
by on May. 6, 2014 at 3:49 PM

Quoting virginiamama71:

we both agreed we were not compatiable for marriage. And staying together for the child would only make it worse for the child cause after trying nothing worked.

We are who we are.

I am not planning on staying together for the sake of our daughter, that would just be unhealthy for all of us.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on May. 6, 2014 at 3:51 PM

And if he agrees too it should be an easy transition.

Quoting try2bstrong:

I am not planning on staying together for the sake of our daughter, that would just be unhealthy for all of us.

teapartydiva524
by Member on May. 6, 2014 at 4:08 PM
2 moms liked this

I focused on my dd and myself and what made me happy.  I went out with my girlfriends, tackled a couple big crafting projects I had been putting off, finally read the Harry Potter series, bought me some new clothes and makeup.  Whatever I could do to make me happy.  Good luck to you.  I know it's hard.

Foxximama918
by on May. 6, 2014 at 4:19 PM

This is now the time to find who YOU are! Take him out the picture completley. At least he is being a good father and being there for your daughter. thats a good thing!!!!! Keep an open communication about her at all times..never focus on the two of ya'lls past...focus on the future and what you like...do things you never would have in a marraige(speaking in a none sexual way)! Girly, pick yourself up!!! Its time to EXPLORE the single world!!! You can do it!!! We are strong woman!!!!---------HUGS!!!!!--------

happymommy82
by Member on May. 6, 2014 at 5:21 PM
When we split and divorced it was on me to find full time work and fully care for my 2 yrs old and 10 mos old I didn't have time to think about him and when I did it made me angry so I started focusing on our (my girls and myself) future. I enrolled in school started to rediscover myself and what I wanted. Now 4 years later he rarely crosses my mind unless concerning the kids.
try2bstrong
by on May. 8, 2014 at 12:40 AM

I used to be an elementary school teacher, that was actually my passion. However with the bad economic situation in California plus the fact that I don't speak Spanish, made it and still make it very hard to find a job. I currently work for my dad as a personal assistant while I'm living with him and my mom. So... I decided its time to go back to school, it will put me in bigger debt than I'm already in, but I hope and believe it will give my daughter and I a much better future. I decided to become an ultrasound technician, and I start June 30th!  to my soon to be ex husband I wish I could say "You kicked me to the side when I was going through PPD, you neglected me while you helped out your tennis buddies. You better pray you won't have to come see me for an ultrasound, because I'll be using the coldest jel ever and will probably try to fry your testicles with sound waves" I really would love to tell him that. I'm just waiting for my heart to catch up with my mind. He's not worth one tiny little hair on my daughter's head! Thank you all for helping me through this and allowing me to vent. I hope we all find a little bit and even a lot of happiness!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN