Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

He is hiding so he don't get served with Child support!!!

Posted by on May. 7, 2014 at 10:11 AM
  • 14 Replies

My ex does not help me with these kids at all!!! I filed child support almost a year ago...well he is MIA...hides...he moved to Arizona...I live in Louisiana...so its inner state bs...La has to forward everything to Az and az has to serve him. He has to be served before it will even begin back pay!!! I told him right when we first split..just help me with daycare..thats only 400 a month and half of all there extra curricular expenses..i wa sbeing civil...making not be about money...well he has not helped me at all since last MARCH!!! I did the calculations on it in Az and it says he will have to pay 1207.00 a month for the two...According to the state of LA i make to much to qualify for Foodstamps or childcare assistance..its hard after I pay all my bills to even buy groceries!!!! I hate him for not helping with these kids and I have shut him out are lives! I changed my number moved and even deleted Tango, KIK and facebook just so he would leave me alone!!! He does not understand

by on May. 7, 2014 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2014 at 10:19 AM

I'm sorry he doesn't help - I can't understand why some men refuse to take care of their own children's needs.  I hope he is found & forced to pay CS.  Good luck to you!

virginiamama71
by Carrie on May. 7, 2014 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I would just look for another way to take care of my child. (get a better paying job, cut out expenses, volunteer some time for lesser cost for extracurricular activities etc)

LilMamaK
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 10:40 AM

I'm so sorry hun! I know how hard things are. Is there anyway you can get a better paying job? Maybe look into cheeper daycares?

Mommy to a beautiful daughter (7.5.08), Stepmom to an amazing son(6.5.07), and Angel baby boy(3.6.10)

Foxximama918
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 11:24 AM

Quoting LilMamaK:

I'm so sorry hun! I know how hard things are. Is there anyway you can get a better paying job? Maybe look into cheeper daycares?

I make 17 an hour already...the daycare they are at is the only one that in where I live..i live in a small town called Livonia, LA....I have not put them in anything yet cause I cant afford to put them in...I make "enough" to get by but thats all...

wendythewriter
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2014 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

If they can't find him, check into constructive service (I think that's what they call it). Basically, you take out newspaper ads in all the papers where you know he last lived, and give him so many days to reply (I think it's usually like 20 or 30 days). After that time, if he doesn't respond, then things move forward and you get what you ask for (or what state law allows) by default. It won't get you the money, but at least it would get the order in place and get things moving in that regard. 

Also, in most cases, the child support is based in the state it's filed in, not what state he lives in. So what AZ would order might be very different than what LA will order. 

MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2014 at 12:44 PM

Hopefully he is prepared to enjoy his time in jail.

Callaly
by Jessica on May. 7, 2014 at 2:37 PM

I know that it is hard, but if he is not going to step up and help with your children then you need to make a financail plan that does not include the CS, if thats cutting out expenses, getting a part time job... doing whatever needs to be done to keep afloat.

Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2014 at 2:39 PM

If you live in LA LA guidelines apply, not AZ. Google LA guidelines. You have to find him and serve him though. Totally blocking him is not going to do any good whatsoever.

You have no choice but to step it up and support these kids on your own until he can be found, and an order is eventually put in, However getting him to actually pay is a different story.

vbway
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I am in Louisiana and my case is being handled out of state. Since you filed in Louisiana, the cs is going to be determined by a hearing officer in Louisiana. It is a math formula, very straight forward. Your income and his income are combined. You pay your percentage and his percentage is his cs amount.  If he makes 40% of the income, he has to pay cs PLUS 40% of daycare, 40% of any extra curriculars, 40% of daycare and 40% private school tuition. 

Also, the cs goes back to the date you filed, that is automatic. It took 3 years to get our cs set up because he left the state. As soon as cs was set up they calculated his arrears for the past 3 years. 

vbway
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 3:02 PM

It is such a slow process. All he has to do is move states every 3 years and he will never see the inside of a jail.  My case is in Louisiana but being handled by CA. The CA judge is responsible for enforcing the order that LA came up with. They put it off because they don't like dealing with out of state cases. By the time the judge is ready to act, all the ncp has to do is move states. Then all the paperwork will be forwarded to a new state and the process starts again. It's sad, but it's what happens. 

Quoting MeeshMom:

Hopefully he is prepared to enjoy his time in jail.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)