Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Thank You random Lady

Posted by on May. 8, 2014 at 3:33 PM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this
Being a parent to a child with ADHD can be difficult at times. We generally have some issues when shopping. I'm used to getting dirty or pitying looks from strangers.

Today while grocery shopping ds was awesome, we had fun. It was nice.

And for the first time we had a lady stop us so she could tell me "You're a good Mom". A random stranger. And I just wanna say Thank You random lady at Winco, you just made my day.

Generally speaking, I don't need validation from other people as a mom. I do the best I can, and my son is happy. But it felt really nice.

:-)
by on May. 8, 2014 at 3:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krisnkids
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2014 at 7:20 PM
2 moms liked this
That's awesome. I'd be willing to bet she has seen you at another time when your son was having a hard time and she noticed and remembered.
cmjustice
by on May. 8, 2014 at 9:30 PM
2 moms liked this
It's so nice when a stranger makes our day. I hate grocery shopping, I have ADD and it's sensory overload. Unfortunately, it's the same for my son. I was SPENT after my last trip after trying to keep him focused and myself focused. Get to the checkout and there's 5 full carts ahead of me and the same amount in the next line. I guess I had exhausted written all over my face because another employee pulled me from my line and opened the checkout on the opposite side of the store to check me out. It was dumb but it Made my day.
Jenn8604
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2014 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Yay!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 9, 2014 at 12:37 AM
It's very nice to hear!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
londiebay84
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 1:31 AM
It really was! She was super nice!

Quoting LifeCafe42: It's very nice to hear!!!
Karen24
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2014 at 11:06 AM
2 moms liked this
It's amazing how a compliment from a random stranger can totally make your day. : )
deltathree
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2014 at 11:41 AM

good

MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2014 at 2:55 AM

My son has adhd too and I have had that happen where strangers have said that to me and compliment my son. That always feels good.

stine79
by on May. 10, 2014 at 11:01 AM
We often times forget how important it is to give someone a smile or say something nice or do something nice to stranger but it's crazy how much it can mean to someone!!!
lnrmom
by on May. 10, 2014 at 11:16 AM
I always love random stranger compliments because those typically come from the heart.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN