Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

If you have EVER had a friend w/ benefits...

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Respond to this poll if you've ever had a friend w/ benefits (in the past or the present). My friend w/ benefits....

Options:

Turned into a relationship and it is still going on.

Turned into a relationship and it is now over.

Did not turn into a relationship, but I wanted one.

Did not turn into a relationship, and I did not want one.

Is still just my friend with benefits.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 70

View Results

And explain your response or situation if you would like to.

by on May. 10, 2014 at 11:26 AM
Replies (11-20):
Flylady14
by Member on May. 10, 2014 at 6:02 PM

And we have a dd together....

krystlzd3
by New Member on May. 10, 2014 at 6:19 PM
Yes it can change. Talk to him about it.

Quoting pedritosmama:

A lot of you keep saying that your FWB was not a good fit for you as far as a relationship goes.

This makes me more confused because mine is an excellent fit for me.  We relate to each other in ways that others wouldn't understand.  We would be great together. 

But we both talk about how much we don't want a relationship.  I don't want one in general, but now I'm starting to want one with him specifically.  So, I get kind of sad at times because I've already established a different kind of relationship with him so now it can't change.

pedritosmama
by Member on May. 10, 2014 at 6:22 PM

I don't know...is that a good idea?  I don't want him to think of me as a cliche. 

Quoting krystlzd3: Yes it can change. Talk to him about it.
Quoting pedritosmama:

A lot of you keep saying that your FWB was not a good fit for you as far as a relationship goes.

This makes me more confused because mine is an excellent fit for me.  We relate to each other in ways that others wouldn't understand.  We would be great together. 

But we both talk about how much we don't want a relationship.  I don't want one in general, but now I'm starting to want one with him specifically.  So, I get kind of sad at times because I've already established a different kind of relationship with him so now it can't change.

krystlzd3
by New Member on May. 10, 2014 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I chose option 5, although it doesn't really fit either. We spend an hour together Mon and Tues. Sex and cuddles. Saturday we hang out with the kids.

We have both admitted to having feelings for each other, but also know things will probably never go further. We decided it was kind of a relationship, but nothing offical. But today, he did not deny the boyfriend thing when someone mentioned it.

So....hell if I know, lol
krystlzd3
by New Member on May. 10, 2014 at 6:25 PM
That is your call to make. No one else knows your situation like you two.

Quoting pedritosmama:

I don't know...is that a good idea?  I don't want him to think of me as a cliche. 

Quoting pedritosmama:

pedritosmama
by Member on May. 10, 2014 at 6:29 PM

What I am going to do is try to hang out with him outside the bedroom more and see how things go that way.  If he wants to spend non-sex time with me, then I'll know. 

Quoting krystlzd3: That is your call to make. No one else knows your situation like you two.
Quoting pedritosmama:

Quoting pedritosmama:

MichelleNichole
by on May. 10, 2014 at 6:34 PM
Yes...lol and he's my now husband lol
superdivamom727
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2014 at 7:18 PM
For me fwb was ok when I was in my early to mid 20's but @ 28 I think its time to grow up and be in a commited relationship !!! Right now im ok with being sexless !! Even though I keep hearing if you dont use it you will lose it !!! Lol !!! But im not going to put extra miles on my lady parts hoping and wishing a man would love me besides whats in between my legs !!! ....
faerie75
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2014 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this
You should talk to him about it. If he doesn't want a relationship, maybe step back.

Quoting pedritosmama:

faerie75
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2014 at 7:22 PM
3 moms liked this
Women hit their sexual peak in their 30's and if there is no relationship around, it is not immature to indulge in some NSA sex.

Quoting superdivamom727: For me fwb was ok when I was in my early to mid 20's but @ 28 I think its time to grow up and be in a commited relationship !!! Right now im ok with being sexless !! Even though I keep hearing if you dont use it you will lose it !!! Lol !!! But im not going to put extra miles on my lady parts hoping and wishing a man would love me besides whats in between my legs !!! ....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN