Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

If you have EVER had a friend w/ benefits...

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Respond to this poll if you've ever had a friend w/ benefits (in the past or the present). My friend w/ benefits....

Options:

Turned into a relationship and it is still going on.

Turned into a relationship and it is now over.

Did not turn into a relationship, but I wanted one.

Did not turn into a relationship, and I did not want one.

Is still just my friend with benefits.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 70

View Results

And explain your response or situation if you would like to.

by on May. 10, 2014 at 11:26 AM
Replies (31-37):
rfhsure
by Member on May. 11, 2014 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this
You forgot to include 'did not turn into relationship and friendship ended'
moosesmom
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2014 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Other. We ended up becoming great friends.
SPaloma
by on May. 12, 2014 at 1:39 AM
1 mom liked this

We were both physically attracted to each other, and he knew before me that we would be all wrong as a couple.  He was the first after the ex and he was honest.  I think that combo was a lot of the emotional attraction.  BUT, he ended up being a great support when I needed one, a great friend that I can call randomly, and we had a business deal together after the fact which were probably so successful b/c we could just talk directly with each other... I think it was meant to be a temporary part of my life that I don't regret; it was nice to have someone that got me and what I was going through and it was nice to have the escape that came with the sex portion of the relationship.  We are both on the same page (don't want each other).  There's none of the akwardness and I'm glad that it went the way it did.  Would have never guessed that this person would have impacted my life the way he did when our paths first crossed and I wouldn't change it. 

mnivis01
by Member on May. 12, 2014 at 1:50 AM
Turned into a relationship and it is now over. We were together two years. No regrets. I got a beautiful baby boy out of it!
Karen24
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2014 at 2:20 AM
I had a few guy friends in my 20s where it was mostly just friends/someone to hang out with. We made out a time or two but just left it at that. I guess we just thought it be best if we were friends only. I don't think I've ever actually had a fwb- type of relationship.
Callaly
by Jessica on May. 13, 2014 at 9:01 AM

My FWB was a long while ago. He was a really nice guy, we hung out as friends a lot, we would go out with groups of people an dthen just end up together at the end of the night. Sometimes we would just hang at his place and talk... I really valued his friendship and loved that he would listen to me, but then I found out that he had a girlfriend that was on an extended trip to France a total of 6 months... and she was coming back soon!

I felt SO SO SO gross after finding that out... I didn't value our friendship anymore, and I really didn't respect him as a person either.

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2014 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I had a BFWB - he was my best friend for years then we started hooking up in college.  At the time, I thought I'd never get married/settle down so I was clear that I did not want a relationship with him and while I had the feeling he wanted more, he kept quiet.  He eventually moved on and got married to a great girl.  He was always a romantic.  LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN