Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Did you receive a Mothers Day gift from your child's father?

Posted by on May. 11, 2014 at 1:10 PM
  • 39 Replies

Does your ex do anything to acknowledge you as the mother of his child?

by on May. 11, 2014 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Singlemama52
by Member on May. 11, 2014 at 1:21 PM
Never.
Flylady14
by Member on May. 11, 2014 at 1:54 PM

Nope. Never and never will. 

brieri
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2014 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this

childrens' father?  are you serious?  no he never has and never will.  Come to think of it, my own children haven't given me anything either over the years - not even today.  Now that is sad.  I will be spending my time with my own mom today as i always do.

Mommy2Boys0900
by Unique Yanique on May. 11, 2014 at 5:07 PM
I got a "Happy Mothers Day" text from my youngest son's dad (big whoop) and not a word from my oldest son's dad.
Mznaye
by Member on May. 11, 2014 at 5:54 PM
No no no no and no. I don't expect him too
TaylorBaby
by Member on May. 11, 2014 at 5:55 PM

he told me happy mothers day and gave me $100. BUT today is also my birthday so there is that lol

SwitchbladeMama
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2014 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this

He just said Happy Mother's Day as he dropped my daughter off... hopped up on sugar.

Honestly I wouldn't WANT him to get me anything, nor would I ever get him anything. It would be very awkward to me, like we were a couple or something. Saying Happy "whatever" Day if we're doing a drop-off/pick-up or sending a text is just fine.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 12, 2014 at 12:37 AM
Nooe
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SPaloma
by New Member on May. 12, 2014 at 1:02 AM
1 mom liked this

As long as the ex does not cause drama, that is the best I can hope for.  I olny want a day with the boys w/o the interference.

His parents have made sure the boys have gotten me something small the past 2 years- which was a shock last year.  This year they were more neutral so less of a surprise that they facilitated a gift.  Still feel a bit weird by it. 

cadensmomma0210
by Member on May. 12, 2014 at 2:19 AM
Nope. We met on Saturday evening since it was technically his weekend but of course I get to spend time with my son on Mother's Day. He didn't even say a word to me. It's really sad how immature he is towards me and it bothers me to no end.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)