Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Should I let my kds go with their dad for the summer???

Posted by on May. 12, 2014 at 1:05 PM
  • 21 Replies

I have two childre 6 and 3. Their father lives in Az i live in La...he wants to keep the kids for the summer...Im just scared he will keep them from me..he says he wont. I asked him where they will be when he works and he said daycare or with him..I dont trust him! I have weighed out all my cons and pros....It would help me save 2.5 months of daycare and I will finally have some time for me but I am not myself without my babies!!! My whole existance revolves around them...I just don't know...I tried to ask him to sign a paper saying they have to come back to me a week before school started and he told me taht I didnt trust him...then he said he is not working...I just want to make sure they are ok.Idk am i being to over protective??? What would you ladies do?

by on May. 12, 2014 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on May. 12, 2014 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this

If it does not feel right for me I would not do it.

Heath77
by on May. 12, 2014 at 1:11 PM
2 moms liked this
Listen to your intuition. If it doesn't feel right then trust your feelings.
virginiamama71
by Carrie on May. 12, 2014 at 1:12 PM

Does he already have the children enrolled in daycare?

And if he is not working how will he pay for it or for the children to have food, place to live etc?

Foxximama918
by on May. 12, 2014 at 1:13 PM
For me it don't but my kids love their dad and I don't want to hurt them by taking seeing away from them..this is just my own demon...idk
krisnkids
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2014 at 1:14 PM

Is there a court order with you as the primary provider? If not then I would not send them. If he's on the bc and he has posession of the kids who's to say he's going to send them back?

Foxximama918
by on May. 12, 2014 at 1:14 PM

Quoting virginiamama71:

Does he already have the children enrolled in daycare?

And if he is not working how will he pay for it or for the children to have food, place to live etc?

Those are all my questions too!!! But i know he is a good dad...i just worry cause the stuff he has done in his past..i just don't know

Foxximama918
by on May. 12, 2014 at 1:15 PM
Quoting krisnkids:

Is there a court order with you as the primary provider? If not then I would not send them. If he's on the bc and he has posession of the kids who's to say he's going to send them back?

I know that is exactly my worry as well!!! And no there is not! I never could afford it cause they can't find him to serve him
virginiamama71
by Carrie on May. 12, 2014 at 1:18 PM

If they cannot find him to serve the papers than he must not work or work under the table. Or he does not have the same address. So he could keep the kids and you not know how to find him if he is known to keep moving. And someone without job, how do they keep a steady place to live?

Quoting Foxximama918:
Quoting krisnkids:

I know that is exactly my worry as well!!! And no there is not! I never could afford it cause they can't find him to serve him

Heath77
by on May. 12, 2014 at 1:20 PM

If there is no court order or if it's not going against divorce decree then I'd say dont do it. I let my ex take my son out of the country last summer for three weeks to a non Hague country. Everyone thought I was crazy, but I truly was certain he'd bring him back otherwise I wouldn't have let my son go and I didn't have to unless he got a court order to allow it. My son came back very sick and got very sick there so I won't let him visit anytime in the next few years or maybe never again, but I am fine with my ex traveling with my son this summer in the United States. People made me feel horrible for letting my son go with my ex. Even the Texas Attorney General's Dept and the United States Dept of International Travel, but I knew my ex would bring my son back . Only you know what is best. It seems to me that you already know the answer.

krisnkids
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2014 at 1:20 PM
2 moms liked this

Then to me they don't go. Go to court, establish custody and then they can go visit. Until then for your own legal safety so to speak, they don't go. Too many times moms have sent the child to go visit dad and dad doesn't return the child. Then mom has to go to court to get custody established etc. Protect yourself and your children.

Quoting Foxximama918:
Quoting krisnkids:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN