Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Anyone in a long distance relationship?

Posted by on May. 12, 2014 at 7:05 PM
  • 8 Replies
I am. Well temporarily. Met my bf at the end of February.. about a week later his work sent him to Nebraska for a job project. We continued to talk and decided to start a relationship about a month after meeting. I figured I
Went through a lot of Army training and a 12 month deployment with my exhusband.. 4 1/2 months will be nothing..and he is only a few hundred miles away not thousands.. So we continue to talk daily.. I see him every other Saturday when he is home.. Here we are almost 3 months after meeting still doing really well. I cant wait til he is back for good in July though. He makes me happy. Its the first relationship Ive ever taken things slow in....but the first serious one since my divorce this past November.. Its what I need right now..not to rush into anything.

About him: He has a good career. His own place & car.. In other words he is stable. He is also divorced...has been for a few years. He has 3 kids (13,
11, and 9).. and is very involved with them. There is no exwife drama lol. He is 5' 11".. (so much taller than Im used to.. Im 5' 4".. my ex was only like 5' 8").. He is 35 (turns 36 on May 31st).. (Im 28 & so is my ex).. first guy ive dated that was more than a year or two older.. He isnt into playing games.. He is very trustworthy too.

Like I said he really makes me happy and I hope this ends up at the very least something longterm.. Still have just over two months until he is back home for good.. and I CANNOT wait.. then I'll get to see him more.
by on May. 12, 2014 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
TaylorBaby
by Member on May. 12, 2014 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this

yes kind of. not as far as yours but yeah. he's about 2 hours away tops. i see him every other weekend. that's when he doesn't work andi don't have my kids so we get quality time together. been together since thanksgiving.

Briyawna
by Member on May. 12, 2014 at 7:12 PM
It kind of sucks.. Ive only seen him a total of 7 times since meeting on the 22nd of February.
virginiamama71
by Carrie on May. 12, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Good luck

LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 13, 2014 at 12:44 AM
It sucks but if it's meant to be then it is right
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2014 at 1:01 AM

That's more ideal for a long distance relationship. At least the distance will be short lived. I tried long distance before and it just didnt work for me. It doesnt work when there is no plan in place and it has no end in sight.

Where did you meet a nice guy like that? just wondering

Briyawna
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 8:36 AM
Oh ya if it was permanently long distance I don't think I could do it..
I met him on pof (plenty of fish) believe it or not lol.

Quoting MeeshMom:

That's more ideal for a long distance relationship. At least the distance will be short lived. I tried long distance before and it just didnt work for me. It doesnt work when there is no plan in place and it has no end in sight.

Where did you meet a nice guy like that? just wondering

Callaly
by Jessica on May. 13, 2014 at 8:54 AM

No, SO lives 20 minutes away and soon right in the same house as me. But good luck!!

RonaH
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I am but I'm really over it now its been to long so I consider us more friends.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)