Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

How important is it to you?

Posted by on May. 18, 2014 at 8:47 AM
  • 13 Replies

A tradition is any event with special meaning to a family.

How important is it to you to maintain traditions within your family?  What are some traditions that your family has?

by on May. 18, 2014 at 8:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CampClan
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2014 at 8:51 AM
Well I can't really say we do have traditions. Unless you count special breakfasts on holiday mornings (seriously it's nothing special- just cinnamon rolls). One thing I do what really doesn't have special meaning is on thanksgiving day while the kids are with their dad I get all the Christmas decorations out & put up the tree. I wait until they get home & they decorate the house & tree. There's no reason or meaning behind it though.
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on May. 18, 2014 at 8:59 AM

Absolutely I count that!  I count your Thanksgiving day as tradition as well.  I'm sure the kids love it!

Quoting CampClan: Well I can't really say we do have traditions. Unless you count special breakfasts on holiday mornings (seriously it's nothing special- just cinnamon rolls). One thing I do what really doesn't have special meaning is on thanksgiving day while the kids are with their dad I get all the Christmas decorations out & put up the tree. I wait until they get home & they decorate the house & tree. There's no reason or meaning behind it though.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 18, 2014 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I love traditions old and new
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2014 at 2:15 AM

I'm starting some traditions with ds because I never had any growing up. On Christmas Eve he gets a new pair of pj's, the weekend after Thanksgiving we put up the tree

superdivamom727
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2014 at 2:54 AM
Its very important to keep family traditions going !!! Its all about keeping family history alive !!! And teaching our young children about there heritage !!! Alot of history can be lost and somtimes our identities can be lost as well !!! ... but mostly to me I think coming up with new traditions is just as important to me now that I have a son. I just want to have a tradition just for me and my son to have since I don't plan on having anymore children in the future !!! Then when my son has child(ren) then he can pass it on as well !!! Just to keep the LOVE AND HISTORY going !!!
krisnkids
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2014 at 7:27 AM

We do the tree the Friday after Thanksgiving, I HATE black Friday shopping so it's our protest against it by having quality family time. We also take the tree down the day after Christmas as a close to the year. Everyone gets pjs on Christmas Eve.

kfrog13
by Member on May. 19, 2014 at 10:15 AM

I'm going to have to work on this more now that my son is getting older. Before he was really too young to really care about it. This past Easter was so much fun decorating eggs with him. This upcoming Thanksgiving we will be in Disney World with my family. It will be similar to our traditions since my family always tries to get together for Thanksgiving. Christmas is more for the nuclear families (you know parents and kids) and usually at home. I will probably be keeping the tradition of Polish food on Christmas Eve and the one present to open that night.

I'm excited about this stuff meaning something to me again now that the kids are getting older. I love doing stuff as a family.

Briyawna
by Member on May. 19, 2014 at 10:24 AM
Dont really have any tradtions... soo not too important
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2014 at 10:50 AM

Me too!  What are some of your favorites?

Quoting LifeCafe42: I love traditions old and new

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2014 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I think that's great!  Gives the kids something to look forward to and creates fun memories.

Quoting cjsmom1:

I'm starting some traditions with ds because I never had any growing up. On Christmas Eve he gets a new pair of pj's, the weekend after Thanksgiving we put up the tree

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)