Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Deadbeat Dad strikes again

Posted by on May. 18, 2014 at 5:39 PM
  • 26 Replies

Just when I think I cannot despise this man any more... I go to the pharmacy only to discover my insurance, and my sons insurance, lapsed in April. Yup, when I asked he said yes it had lapssd. No remorse, no thought that maybe he should have told me.. No care at all that his own son has been without insurance for mealy a month! 

Now, he sits with his new girlfriend, making $5,000 a month, not a care in the world.. And I get to try and figure out how to afford insurance alongside everything else since he won't help financially at all And it will be Lord knows how long before I get child support. 

Just when he you think it cannot possibly get worse, it does. Why does everything always work out for him, while I struggle at every turn?? Just seems wrong. I feel so sad for my son, that this is his father. Who had him for less than a full day this last visit before dropping him off. He lied and said he had to go to work. Lies, always lies, and yet... Life is so easy for him. 

by on May. 18, 2014 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
friendlymom5
by Member on May. 18, 2014 at 7:36 PM
Sounds like my ex. He didn't even bother to come to dd hs graduation today.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 18, 2014 at 11:46 PM
Ugh I'm sorry very self centered
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2014 at 2:03 AM

Have you taken him to court for cs?

krisnkids
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2014 at 7:33 AM

What does the court order say about insurance?

kfrog13
by Member on May. 19, 2014 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

This is why I'm glad I carry the insurance. Can you see about getting some kind of state/free or low cost insurance for your son at least? Yes, and what does the court order say about insurance?

Schmoopi
by New Member on May. 19, 2014 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like you need to be preemptive. Do you have court ordered child support? If you do, it establishes who should have to carry medical and how much the other parent pays for the overages. I make more than DD's dad and I have to pay 54% of her medical costs ON TOP OF having to carry insurance for her. But it is probably better this way because I KNOW she is covered. 

If you have already been to court, go after him to enforce it. If you have not been to court yet, push it up!

Foxximama918
by Member on May. 19, 2014 at 2:17 PM

I know in the state of Louisiana..you can go for medical or child support or both. i would file. i did..and my ex is the exact same way..except mine moved all the way to AZ and will not help me with our two kids. I have too!!!! He takes care of his gf and her kids but wont even bother with 100 a week for both of our kids. But they cant find him to serve him...so I am stuck with the entire load. It will get better one day in the mean time keep your head up! ***HUGS***

Singlemama52
by Member on May. 19, 2014 at 2:20 PM
I'm sorry. I ask myself those same questions.. Why does it always work out for him? Why does he have no consequences? Why does he get whatever he wants, when he wants it?
ZakkarysMom
by Natasha on May. 19, 2014 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Take his self centered ass to court!
Oliviasmom72
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2014 at 2:48 PM

Now you know you cannot depend on him. Have you filed for child support?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)