Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

giving your child to the ex for his time. hardest thing

Posted by on May. 30, 2014 at 11:25 PM
  • 18 Replies
Hi I am new to all this. I left my husband a year ago. I am so much happier with out him. I was verbally abused by him. It still really hard giving my daughter to him and his family. I just feel so empty with out her.
by on May. 30, 2014 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
woodstock525
by on May. 30, 2014 at 11:30 PM
3 moms liked this

It was tough for me at first too.  But, a friend of mine encouraged me to view it not as time without my child, but as child-free time for me to do things that I wouldn't be able to do or wouldn't want to do if she were there.  Once I started looking forward to the child-free time, it was easier to let go and she felt more comfortable about going to her dad's as well.  I didn't realize until then that she was picking up on how much I missed her.  I also realized that as much as I loved her, my entire being was revolving too much around her and I had lost my sense of self.  Visitation weekends allowed me to rediscover myself and that turned out to be a good thing.  Good luck!

LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 31, 2014 at 1:07 AM
Fill your time with you things stay busy read a book take a bath try to enjoy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpurgeonMom
by Member on May. 31, 2014 at 1:09 AM
I still hate it. What really bugs me most is when I have a day off that he is working but I am still required to drop the kids off with his girlfriend for the 1/2 days a week he gets them. I keep super busy
LAMARQ
by Member on May. 31, 2014 at 7:40 AM

I hated it at first too, but I really look forward to it now so I can get stuff done (like more the lawn, etc). I still miss my son and would prefer having him but this is what I chose when I asked his dad to leave.

It gets better... been 5 years for me. Best wishes.

mrsary
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2014 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this
We havent started visitation, but I am sure I will jump for joy during his. I like my breaks from them.
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jun. 1, 2014 at 12:28 AM

use that time to focus on doing things you enjoy

Flylady14
by Member on Jun. 1, 2014 at 4:33 PM

I am so glad I don't have to give her father visitations. But she goes with her grandparents and after I moved it was so super difficult for me to get use to but this last time I got so very use to it. I watched movies, I went shopping, I did things I couldn't normally do with her here. She is going again in a few weeks and it will help me to get so much stuff done around the house and I don't feel guilty staying late at work when she is away. Good luck. 

Panditacjp
by Member on Jun. 1, 2014 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this

My ex abducted my kids, so thankfully I haven't handed them over in a while. Hopefully that will not change. 

mrsary
by Silver Member on Jun. 1, 2014 at 5:29 PM
Thats why mine doesnt get ours.

Quoting Panditacjp:

My ex abducted my kids, so thankfully I haven't handed them over in a while. Hopefully that will not change. 

Eyelashes23
by Member on Jun. 1, 2014 at 5:44 PM
I love my child free Saturdays , he also gets him every other Friday nights till Saturday nights
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN