Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Opinions please. *Update*

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:38 AM
  • 3 Replies

*Update - thanks for the feedback everyone!  I think everything else about the guy seemed perfect so my defense mechanisms went up, being over picky about one litle thing.  I will give him a chance!

Hi Ladies! I hardly have time to come in this group any more...so busy with school and a ridiculously energetic 2 year old.

You all have been so helpful with advice in the past, so I wanted to post a question...I just posted in Mom Confessions and figured I would post here too:

"Just want simple opinions - I've been talking to a guy in his late 30's who I met on a dating site. Has a full time job, education, the works.

However, when I did a name search by cell phone number - I always like to get someone's full name so I can background check before meeting - his fathers name came up.

Apparently his cell phone is in his fathers name.

I'm in my late 20's and have had my own cell phone account from when I was 19. I like my privacy.

What Would you think of a late 30's man who is still okay to be on his parents plan - despite the fact that he is otherwise independent (even has his own place)?"

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:48 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm 40 and my cell is on my mom's plan as is her 65 year old sister. Sometimes it's cheaper. I wouldn't disqualify him for it.
Callaly
by Jessica on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't think much of it honestly.

I am under my moms plan, its cheaper and it has been like that since I was 15 and just never thought to change it over. I have even recently added SO to the account. We get a discount when new lines are added and because I have been with the company so long we can really negociate when we want a new phone ect.. and also, most of the time, I pay for mine and my moms line!

Nisha929
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:41 AM
2 moms liked this

Sometimes it's cheaper that way. He works, is educated, and has his own place so I wouldn't worry too much about his cell phone being under his dad's name. When you said you did a search I thought you were gonna say you found something bad.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)