Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do I go to the child support Contempt hearing?? Help!

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:39 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hi!

Child support enforcement has set a hearing for tomorrow for my ExHusband. I received a copy of the letter they sent him and it gave the time and date of the hearing but I have not been told anything from any entity whether I am supposed to attend or not. I meant to call the courthouse today to find out, but time got away from me at work.  Hearing is tomorrow morning. Does anyone have eperience with this??

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
texasma06
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Better safe then sorry. I'd say go.

Steph84FL
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this
No you dont have to be there. He's in contempt whether your present or not
Built2SpillMilk
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:44 PM

I really don't want to go, but if it will make a difference then I feel like I should.

I know I don't have to go.

Quoting Built2SpillMilk:

Hi!

Child support enforcement has set a hearing for tomorrow for my ExHusband. I received a copy of the letter they sent him and it gave the time and date of the hearing but I have not been told anything from any entity whether I am supposed to attend or not. I meant to call the courthouse today to find out, but time got away from me at work.  Hearing is tomorrow morning. Does anyone have eperience with this??

Steph84FL
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:52 PM
What kind of difference are you looking to make? Are you wanting hom to just pay or do u want hin in jail (which they might just do anyway)

The last one I went but left before court started because he didnt show up. I have no reason to go in front of a judge to conplain. I dont care what they do to him lol. Lock him up or don't It just keeps adding ip anyway lol

Quoting Built2SpillMilk:

I really don't want to go, but if it will make a difference then I feel like I should.

Quoting Built2SpillMilk:

Hi!

Built2SpillMilk
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:23 PM

BUMP!

Built2SpillMilk
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:29 PM

Well, I mean if he tries to lie and say he hasn't been working. His wife has said to me several times in conversation that he was working. And he could also try to make the judge a little easier on him by saying that even though he hasn't been paying he still buys her clothes and helps support her in other ways, which he doesn't at all. If he did that then I would definitely want to be there to say otherwise. 

I'd rather they didn't jail him because that would suck to explain to my dd and she would probably be mad at me, and I really just want him to pay his support, not go to jail.

Quoting Steph84FL: What kind of difference are you looking to make? Are you wanting hom to just pay or do u want hin in jail (which they might just do anyway) The last one I went but left before court started because he didnt show up. I have no reason to go in front of a judge to conplain. I dont care what they do to him lol. Lock him up or don't It just keeps adding ip anyway lol
Quoting Built2SpillMilk:

Quoting Built2SpillMilk:

Hi!

LifeCafe42
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:47 PM
Personally I would want to be there
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Built2SpillMilk
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 9:21 AM

Have you ever been to one and stayed throughout the hearing? I'm really ust wondering if they even ask the other party (in this case, me) any questions or for any input at all.

Quoting Steph84FL: What kind of difference are you looking to make? Are you wanting hom to just pay or do u want hin in jail (which they might just do anyway) The last one I went but left before court started because he didnt show up. I have no reason to go in front of a judge to conplain. I dont care what they do to him lol. Lock him up or don't It just keeps adding ip anyway lol
Quoting Built2SpillMilk:

Quoting Built2SpillMilk:

Hi!

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 9:22 AM

I haven't but I would go, just for the heck of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)