Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

How often do you talk/text with your ex?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 12:58 PM
  • 70 Replies

I probably talk to my kids' dad about once a month, usually about medical expenses or when he's coming to town and will see them.

How about you?  How often do you talk to your child's dad?

by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 1:08 PM

As little as possible. Usually he will text either to Skype/Facetime with the kids or to start crap. 8 1/2 years and I'm done.

Callaly
by Jessica on Jun. 4, 2014 at 1:19 PM

Every week. We are "Co-parenting" so its just to touch base to confirm when hes coming to pick her up or if she needs anything at his place.

Carolynishappy
by Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 2:14 PM

We only talk when he decides he wants to see DS. I haven't heard from him in over a month though. He only sees DS a few times a year.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jun. 4, 2014 at 2:18 PM

On Fridays and/or Saturdays. Mostly we talk about pick up/drop off times

LukeWarmwater
by Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 2:27 PM

Outside of pickups and dropoffs?  probably 3 times a week.  We just chat about the kids usually

sid1083
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 2:28 PM

Maybe every once 4-6 months or so has been the average.

Ryansmommy713
by Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 3:01 PM

WE have joint custody but he picks up our son from daycare for the week and has him every other weekend so i only see him on sundays when he is giving our son back, for like 5 seconds. Lol 

Frances0923
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 3:43 PM

He comes to my house often throughout the week to see our son and take him to the park or do homework. As for the texting and talk, not so often now since my BF finds it a little disrespectful if it has nothing to do with our kid. Lol but talking to him is like talking to my brother. 

Mommy2Boys0900
by Unique Yanique on Jun. 4, 2014 at 8:20 PM
My oldest son' s dad will text me maybe once a month, usually when he's gone a few weeks without calling my son on his cell, then gets "concerned" when Donnie doesn't answer his call or text. So he'll text me and ask is everything and everyone ok.
My youngest son's dad, he and I text and talk a few times a week.
SomethingSoReal
by Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 8:51 PM

Not at all. If we are not together he has nothing at all to do with the kids. It sucks but the way that he is sometimes I figure it just maybe better that way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)