Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

He turned off my phone

Posted by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 7:48 AM
  • 15 Replies

So I know I am new but I just had to vent a bit...

My soon to be x cheated and was on several dating sites. He's pretty much always lived a bachelor lifestyle while we have been married. I know now I shouldn't have married him but der me was hopeful he would grow up... any who... 

So the main point of my vent is... He up and turned off my cell phone with out even giving me notice. 

The plan is in his name but since I am home with our daughter 95% of the time you would think it should be left on... Yeah I can still call 911 if there is a true emergency but to me this is excessive especially since I didn't cheat or break up the family. 

It seems oh so very childish. 

SIGH

by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 7:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jun. 8, 2014 at 11:20 AM

can you go buy another phone?

MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 11:55 AM
Time to find a job. That sucks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
natalie1733
by Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 1:05 PM

i am looking in to getting a new plan now. shopping providers. should have one this week. 

natalie1733
by Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 1:05 PM

time for who to find a job?

wendythewriter
by Bronze Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 1:15 PM
2 moms liked this

Well...I can understand your frustration, but really, did you expect your soon to be ex to keep paying for your cell phone? I mean, I'm sorry, but when I broke up with my ex, I ditched him off my phone plan ASAP - and I demanded back the $600 phone that he'd used my money to buy.  I did give him warning, though. 

He could have warned you, sure. And while I agree you need a phone since you have a kid, I do think it's a bit unreasonable for you to expect him to pay for it just because he's your daughter's father. And let's face it - if he was enough of an asshole to cheat on you, then why would you expect him to not be a total asshole about turning off your phone? 

Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 5:10 PM
I can just about guarantee this is the least of the asshole things he'll pull from here on out. Be prepared for anything under the sun. Men like him have no sense of decency, even when it comes to their kids.
3xangel
by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 5:16 PM
This. Do you have a way to provide for yourself & child?

Quoting Andrewsmom70: I can just about guarantee this is the least of the asshole things he'll pull from here on out. Be prepared for anything under the sun. Men like him have no sense of decency, even when it comes to their kids.
Nimue930
by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Well the right thing to do would have been to give you notice, and ask you if you can have your own phone by such and such a date.  But then the right thing to do would have been to be faithful, or tell you he wanted out of the marriage.  So I guess "the right thing" isn't part of his genetic make up.  Time to think of everything you depend on him for and change it ASAP.  Don't let him put your behind the eight ball again.  And document everything so if he gets shitty about child support, you have proof of his selfishness, and can put things in place accordingly. 

natalie1733
by Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 5:22 PM

Oh for sure. I am the one who makes more money, have insurance a house and car etc.. I would have liked it to be civil enough that I could pay for my 1/3 of the bill but he didn't even give me the option. 

natalie1733
by Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Oh I am already out from everything else. This was the only ding he could get on me. grr
Quoting Nimue930:

Well the right thing to do would have been to give you notice, and ask you if you can have your own phone by such and such a date.  But then the right thing to do would have been to be faithful, or tell you he wanted out of the marriage.  So I guess "the right thing" isn't part of his genetic make up.  Time to think of everything you depend on him for and change it ASAP.  Don't let him put your behind the eight ball again.  And document everything so if he gets shitty about child support, you have proof of his selfishness, and can put things in place accordingly. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)