Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

do ever feel like

Posted by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 7:55 AM
  • 9 Replies
Today I feel in need of some love. I've been divorced for 6yrs, no dates nothing. Most of the time I'm okay with it, today I'm having a pity party on my own.Is it ever going to change.How do you cope with this
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 7:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
CampClan
by Bronze Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 7:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I just dealt with it one day at a time & focused on the kids. Get them involved in activities so you don't have time to think about being single.
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jun. 8, 2014 at 11:23 AM

I am busy with work, my son and other things that it does not bother me.

natalie1733
by Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 5:38 PM

Can you take yourself to the mall or a department store to get a makeover? Walk around after and turn some heads. Have a drink outside (weather permitting) and just relax. This helps me out when I feel eh

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 7:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I cope by...hanging out with my kids..listening to music..volunteering. I also tell myself its ok to be single..and still feel happiness..will my single status every change? Only God know.
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Sure I've felt that way!  I would be surprised if anyone here hasn't on occasion.

Callaly
by Jessica on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:14 PM

Its OKAY to feel that way. Pamper yourself when you feel like this, take time out and just focus on you and you will get through it... if you see yourself feeling like that more often than not, maybe its time to think about getting back into the date game!

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:20 PM

I've had my pity parties. They usually involve either chocolate cake or ice cream, on bad ones its both. I think the biggest change I made was to learn to be happy and appreciate what I had. Weird but when I got my life together and was happy was when I started dating happily.

Caitlin10081989
by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:48 PM

It will change. Go out with your friends. Have chocolate and wine.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jun. 9, 2014 at 4:02 PM
I'm so busy no time for boys wine always helps if I get lonely
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)