Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Abandoned and not sure if I am doing all I can to deal with it

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 9:27 PM
  • 9 Replies

So On April 1st my husband walked away from me and our two girls ages 5 and 2.  He went to Oklahoma City OK and I had to take my daughter out of preschool and move us four hours away from the life she's known to live with my parents.  I was a stay at home mom and when he left he left us with no way to pay rent or bills.  I still don't understand how he can just turn off his feelings and walk away.  I still have not found a job.  I live in a small town in deep south texas.  It is extremely hard to find a job here,  and every time I talk about getting a job my 5 yr old will hyperventilate and freak out.  SHe says but who will take care of us, mom.  It just breaks my heart.  We had been married for nearly six years.  I just don't understand how he could just walk away from us like that.  Three days after he left us he was already telling another woman on Facebook that he loved her.  He has been puttting up ads on dating websites for at least the last two years and lying about it when caught.  He has a personal ad up on the Craigslist personals right now.  He makes me sick.  I would never even think about cheating on him.  WE ARE STILL MARRIED!  Right now I am waiting out my 90 days residency period so that I can file for divorce.

by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 9:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry you're going through this. You should go to court and file for sole physical and legal custody as well as child support. Keep looking for a job and trying to better your situation. Have you thought about going back to school? Your husband leaving has definitely made your dd feel insecure and she's probably worried you will leave to. Just constantly reassure her that you aren't leaving.

Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 10:46 AM

Residency might be 6 months that is the norm. I'm sorry you are going through this. I hope your parents are a good support system. It sounds like he checked out of the marriage a while ago. When you saw these personal ads before that wasnt a red flag? You do need to find at least part time work.File for assistance if you need too.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 6:13 PM

(((Hug))) I'm so sorry!

Are you receiving any sort of financial support from your soon-to-be ex husband or even from the state?  

It might be helpful to see if you can get your 5 year old into some counseling as well as continuing to reassure her that working will not mean that you won't be able to care for her. 

Hang in there!

kylensmom1229
by Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this

so sorry....sometimes it surprises me how well we think we know somebody and how quickly they can prove us wrong...your girls will be ok. And believe it or not, so will you:)

Karen24
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 9:43 AM
*hugs* I'm sorry you're going through this.
nurse1997
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Hi doll hard times hit but can  come out of this and happier. the end .....As moms we surprise are self's how we hold it together when it comes to are kids to make sure thy have food,shelter, and security hang in there and stop thinking about this douche bag!!!! GO TO THE COURTS AND GET YOUR CHILD SUPPORT -GOOD LUCK !

flyeaglefaye
by New Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:54 PM
My soon to be Ex
Well when I told him I was gonna file for child support he told me that he did not want to be forced to pay child support. In stead he is going to deposit 200 in my account every two weeks. He told me if he doesn't do it one time than I can file with the state. I am just waiting on him to screw up. Because he will. He has two other daughters with two other women he doesn't pay child support on. I just want him out of our lives!
flyeaglefaye
by New Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 5:48 AM
I found out yesterday that he took a girl over to his brother's house and introduced her as his GF....grrr.
flyeaglefaye
by New Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 5:51 AM
But then she dumped him after my bro in law and his fiancée was rude... and they were only rude because they do not approve of what he's done to us.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)