Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Another Father's Day missed... What do you do!?

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 2:19 PM
  • 12 Replies

Mobile Photo

Bd has never taken DS on Father's Day. Last year I helped DS make a bird house and paint it for bd. Never got a thank you and for all I know it probably ended in the trash.

This year I was thinking of taking DS to the pottery place to make bd a coffee cup.

I know I don't have to but I kinda feel that just because bd doesn't wand DS that DS shouldn't miss out on celebrating it.

What do you all do, if anything at all, for bd?
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I haven't heard from him in 6 months so I do nothing. If he wants recognition on Father's Day then he needs to act like a father. I'm sure he'll call this evening when he realizes he isn't getting a phone call today and i will ignore it. DS just got over the disappearing act and doesn't need to be disrupted and feel rejected again.
Flylady14
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 4:32 PM

She made a cup. We were suppose to go to a BBQ but I had car issues so we didnt. 

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jun. 15, 2014 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this
DS makes something and gives it to grandpa
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 11:50 PM

same thing that my kids don't do when they don't celebrate mom's day with me.  Nothing.

MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:22 AM
For all his custody drama he does that? Wow.

My son never does anything for his dad. Even though bd was in the picture for 2 years they never had that bond. We visited my grandpa for a bit today then went to Disneyland just the two of us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:42 AM

We went out to breakfast this morning. Ds and I also made him banana pudding.

Callaly
by Jessica on Jun. 16, 2014 at 8:53 AM

When I was younger, we would always make something for dads at school, I always gave my gift to my mom lol

For DD's dad this year she made him something at daycare and I framed a few pictures of DD for him

DD actually spends more time with me and SO, because SO is basically her father figure when she is with me, I got a baseball cap for DD to give to him too.

LilMamaK
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:41 AM

DD's BD is the same way. Has never ever taken DD any where or spend any time with her. Every year I have her call him and wish him Happy Father's Day. She makes him a card and usually gives it to him whenever he decides to drop by. I usually celebrate the day with them. With or without BD, I've taken on his role and balance both Mom and Dad, so, either way we celebrate by dinner and such :)

Mommy to a beautiful daughter (7.5.08), Stepmom to an amazing son(6.5.07), and Angel baby boy(3.6.10)

_ames_
by Ames on Jun. 16, 2014 at 11:15 AM
Nothing. My DS is only a baby, but I make cards and let him scribble on it and give it to his grandpa.
nena8790
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 2:56 PM

Ex gets to spend every Sunday with BS so yesterday was like any normal day. Nothing special for me at least. I didn't even bother to say happy fathers day. I believe every GOOD father should be recognized for their hard work and effort but I don't feel that my ex is a good dad so if I have nothing nice to say. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN