Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Why can't they leave me alone?

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 4:43 AM
  • 17 Replies
Any tips on how to get really annoying a - holes to take the no - dating stance seriously? I'm so tired of having to resort to being a "bitch" just so they will stop trying new ways. I love going to bed in my own bed by myself. I'm not on my own I'm with me...why won't these idiots get that?
I have considered wearing a fake engagement ring, lying and even using a good friend as an alibi boyfriend and they won't listen. I'm ready to star kicking balls

Update: I am in a rather small city and the men here are slightly chauvinist and there are few women old enough or single enough to mess with so single mom's are easy prey for their conservative, bible thumping, predator bs
by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 4:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AvasMommy111
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol been there !!! Guys can get a little outta control. Honestly most of the time I have to be a bitch too to these vultures. I can't imagine paying a guy like that. Reminds me of Larry from threes company lol. It apprised me the way men persist WITH MY DAUGHTER AT MY SIDE !!!

Quoting SavvyMommy2: Any tips on how to get really annoying a - holes to take the no - dating stance seriously? I'm so tired of having to resort to being a "bitch" just so they will stop trying new ways. I love going to bed in my own bed by myself. I'm not on my own I'm with me...why won't these idiots get that?
I have considered wearing a fake engagement ring, lying and even using a good friend as an alibi boyfriend and they won't listen. I'm ready to star kicking balls

Update: I am in a rather small city and the men here are slightly chauvinist and there are few women old enough or single enough to mess with so single mom's are easy prey for their conservative, bible thumping, predator bs
AvasMommy111
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 8:56 AM
Lol been there !!! Guys can get a little outta control. Honestly most of the time I have to be a bitch too to these vultures. I can't imagine preying on a guy like that. Reminds me of Larry from threes company lol. It suprised me the way men persist WITH MY DAUGHTER AT MY SIDE !!!

Quoting SavvyMommy2: Any tips on how to get really annoying a - holes to take the no - dating stance seriously? I'm so tired of having to resort to being a "bitch" just so they will stop trying new ways. I love going to bed in my own bed by myself. I'm not on my own I'm with me...why won't these idiots get that?

LilMamaK
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 9:56 AM

LOL!!!! I did the whole fake engagment ring! It worked like a charm! Granted, a still got asked out a lot and hit on, but, I'd flash my ring and they'd back off! Give it a shot! GL!

Mommy to a beautiful daughter (7.5.08), Stepmom to an amazing son(6.5.07), and Angel baby boy(3.6.10)

mommy_2_be_2010
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 10:12 AM
I guess I'm lucky I don't get hit on at all of course when you are 4ft 7 1/2 and have a 4 year old who's almost as tall as you it's tough.
nana776
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:29 AM
2 moms liked this

Give them a good look up and down, then say "No thanks!"

SavvyMommy2
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 7:11 PM
Thanks ladies. I'm just tired of having to be bitch for men to understand my decision. They are so self - centered in this area that they honestly think my decision is based on them. So dumb. I reserve the right to me selfish and live for only me and my kids!
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this

just dont be available to talk to them at all. ignore them, dont even entertain them to engage.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 7:14 PM

the thing is, you dont even owe them an explanation.

Quoting SavvyMommy2: Thanks ladies. I'm just tired of having to be bitch for men to understand my decision. They are so self - centered in this area that they honestly think my decision is based on them. So dumb. I reserve the right to me selfish and live for only me and my kids!

SavvyMommy2
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 9:18 PM
Faerie75 I like the way you're thinking. It's a lot better than worrying about it all the time.
1uniquemommy86
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 10:15 PM
No advice but I feel your annoyance. I am in a small town and get hit on constantly but it's irritating. The men are not quality men. They are egotistical jerks who think any woman should be stumbling over themselves in desperation for them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)