Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Single & Pregnant

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 9:04 PM
  • 26 Replies

This post is a place for us to share advice, questions and personal stories about being a pregnant single mom.  

Here are some pregnancy related topics discussed in this group:

• Dealing with a break-up while pregnant
  • Pregnancy & dating
  • Single and chosing to become a partnerless parent
  • Thoughts on abortion
  • Telling the father

pregnant belly

For more help:

Click here to see what Single Moms are discussing on the group today:
Let's Talk! Click here to see more posts...

Please share your best advice for single and pregnant moms in the replies below!

Find more advice for moms, from CafeMoms here: 

by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 9:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
harleigh07
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 3:46 PM
2 moms liked this
How would you date while pregnant? I didn't think that would even be an option. Not that I want to, I won't be able to trust another man for a long time. But was that "topic" caught my eye.
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jul. 9, 2014 at 2:40 PM
2 moms liked this

You would be surprised at how many women date men who are not the father of their child while pregnant.  It's actually pretty common.

Quoting harleigh07: How would you date while pregnant? I didn't think that would even be an option. Not that I want to, I won't be able to trust another man for a long time. But was that "topic" caught my eye.

semaj1016
by New Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 1:21 PM

I am dealing with a break-up now. I have been the guy well I should say boy for 5 years and we have a two year old son, I am also 8 weeks pregnant. Right before we found out I was pregnant I discovered a recent business trip was not business he in fact flew himself to a different location and spent 5 days with another women. 

hellokittyy
by Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 5:19 PM

did you confront him ?

whos the girl

Quoting semaj1016:

I am dealing with a break-up now. I have been the guy well I should say boy for 5 years and we have a two year old son, I am also 8 weeks pregnant. Right before we found out I was pregnant I discovered a recent business trip was not business he in fact flew himself to a different location and spent 5 days with another women. 

semaj1016
by New Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 4:25 PM
I did confront him. He denied it all at first and now he only says they went on a group dinner and she stayed in his hotel room. He is still lying which makes it worse. I know what happened the girl told me everything cause she is hurt by him too. I posted a discussion that goes into further detail looking for advice, but have only 1 reply. Oh and she is a co-worker in a different city

Quoting hellokittyy:

did you confront him ?

whos the girl

Quoting semaj1016:

hellokittyy
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:26 PM

IM VERY CURIOUS about this story. 

ive been through the same thing so i understand what it feels like 

Quoting semaj1016: I did confront him. He denied it all at first and now he only says they went on a group dinner and she stayed in his hotel room. He is still lying which makes it worse. I know what happened the girl told me everything cause she is hurt by him too. I posted a discussion that goes into further detail looking for advice, but have only 1 reply. Oh and she is a co-worker in a different city
Quoting hellokittyy:

did you confront him ?

whos the girl

Quoting semaj1016:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:28 PM
I am 26 weeks pregnant & single. I'd rather have it this way.
semaj1016
by New Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 10:58 PM
I have the full story under another group I am in to get advice. Would you like to read it?

Quoting hellokittyy:

IM VERY CURIOUS about this story. 

ive been through the same thing so i understand what it feels like 

Quoting semaj1016: I did confront him. He denied it all at first and now he only says they went on a group dinner and she stayed in his hotel room. He is still lying which makes it worse. I know what happened the girl told me everything cause she is hurt by him too. I posted a discussion that goes into further detail looking for advice, but have only 1 reply. Oh and she is a co-worker in a different city

Quoting hellokittyy:

did you confront him ?

whos the girl

Quoting semaj1016:

dragonflyvee
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:51 PM

I was a single pregnant woman. My daughter is 3 1/2 now. I am still single (by choice) and have not been I a relationship. Keep your chin up, ladies! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

If you plan on doing it alone, don't put the father on the birth certificate. You don't collect child support but it also means that it's more difficult for him to come in and out of the child's life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)