Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms - Click here for tips on Custody, Child Support, Divorce, Pregnancy and More...

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to the Single Moms group!

You'll find tips on each of these topics in the links below:

Click here to see what Single Moms are discussing on the group today:
Let's Talk! Click here to see more posts...

Please feel to reply to posts that you see or start a post of your own! 

by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 9:07 PM
Replies (21-22):
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:27 AM

Welcome Jamie!  When is little Benjamin due to arrive?  Do you plan to file for child support?

Quoting JamieLynne91:

Hey there! My name is Jamie, i'm 23 and currently expecting my first baby, a little boy i've named Benjamin. My ex gave up all rights to the baby as soon as I told him I was pregnant, so i'll be a single mom. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated!

To say i'm a little nervous would be an understatement. I have my dad, who is wonderful support, but there's always some stuff you can't tell your dad lol. I'm lucky to say I have a steady job, but after my maternity leave is up, I'm not sure if I'm going to continue that job. Childcare is what I worry about the most, mainly the cost.

I look forward to hearing from all you lovely ladies! Have a wonderful and blessed day!

JamieLynne91
by New Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 12:21 PM

Hi Amy! Benji is due on June 22nd. I've been told by a family lawyer that since my ex addressed me officially stating that he's giving up his rights to the baby, I can not file for child support.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN