Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

if you are receiving child support, do you...?

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 12:55 AM
  • 53 Replies

If you get child support from your kid's father, do you...?

1. tell him where the money goes?

2. tell him if you got a rise?

3. tell him if you added a part-time job to the job you already have?

I am just curious as my circumstances might change

thanks

by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 12:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ballerossandra
by Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 12:55 AM

BUMP!

ballerossandra
by Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 12:55 AM

BUMP!

harleigh07
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 12:56 AM
No to what you spend it on. But you are supposed to report any and all jobs and income.
GSinIN99
by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 12:56 AM

BUMP!

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 12:59 AM
No I don't tell him what I spend. Since ours goes the the state for his wages being garnished, we are both required to report any income changes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grneyedormom
by Kendra on Jun. 24, 2014 at 12:59 AM
No, nor are you required to tell him any of that! I only report my income if I submit the paperwork for a modification and even then the Division of Child Support sends out the employment and income verification to our employers. But I don't have to report it when it changes.
ballerossandra
by Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 1:00 AM

that's why I am asking.The order was done when I had one job and I just accepted a part-time on top of that one.If I add how much more I will spend on child care, it probably does not affect how much money I need to get but it is good to build my resume to keep  these extra hours

Quoting harleigh07: No to what you spend it on. But you are supposed to report any and all jobs and income.

MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 2:27 AM
No no no. It's none of anybody's business, even my mothers, what I do with the money I earn at my job and the money I get for child support.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsary
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 2:42 AM
No
wendythewriter
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 8:05 AM

I have an order, but he doesn't pay. When he did (or if he ever does again), though: 

1. No. 

2. No. 

3. No. 

Our child support order was based on our income at the time (well, my income, and the lie he told about his income), and from everything I read, I have no obligation to notify anyone of any changes in my income or job status. We could only request a modification of the child support if there was a substantial change in income for one or both of us, and only every 3 years, so telling him of an income or job change would just be telling him my business, and that just doesn't happen. 

Look at your order and the laws for your state - you should be able to find something that tells you if you have an obligation to report anything to anyone. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)