Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

new to the group

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:02 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hello all, I am a 32 year old sinlge mom to my 9 year old son. He is my world. He is very inquisitive and loves to asks questions about everything. His dad is kind of in his life. Seems he likes to take his son when it is convenient. I have never had issues with child support as he has most of the time paid it on time with no battle about it. I just wish he would spend more quality time with this son. I cannot change that and have a hard time accepting how this has turned out. I would give anything for my son to have a great dad in his life. My son is the one that will suffer and I am the one that is here for him to lean on support him. I find it gets harder as my son gets older and is starting to form his own opinion regarding his dad. His dad is also in a serious relationship that harbors 2 kids from his girlfriend (he is not the father). I just hate that the other kids (who are not his) get to spend all their time with my sons dad and he is so "ho hum" about it. Anyway, my rant could go on forever. How do others deal with this? I know I just need to let it go. It just hurts me to see my son struggle to have a relationship with his dad.  Thanks for listening all.

by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
nena8790
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:46 PM

I am sorry to have to hear that about your sons father. I really cant give you any advice there but welcome to the group.

Ty3angels
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:47 PM

thanks for the welcome to this group :)

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:01 PM

Welcome to the group!

I'm similar and the complete opposite of your situation. I have 4 kids and their dad lives 7 hours away, the oldest two refuse to go visit, the youger two go about 2 times a year.

On the other hand my bf has 2 teenagers, he is around me and my kids a lot (do not live together). So they get a lot of time with him that his own kids sometimes don't. It sucks, its just life though.

Ty3angels
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:05 PM

My favorite saying right now is "it is what it is and I can't change it, just try to accept it". easier said than done though.

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 12:40 AM

welcome!

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jun. 26, 2014 at 12:41 AM
Welcome!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)