• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What did you learn from your break up(s)?

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:24 AM
  • 17 Replies

They say some of the greatest lessons can come from break ups. What are some good/inspiring things you learned from your break up(s)? 

by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justbrittanyb
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:55 AM
2 moms liked this
I learned just how strong of a person I am. I also learned hindsight is 20/20 and I should have seen red flags a long time ago but things seem to happen for a reason and through that hell I came out with a beautiful baby girl that I love more than anything
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
superdivamom727
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:07 PM
2 moms liked this
My break taught me that you cant trust anyone !! He fed me lies after lies and made promises after promises and with those lies and broken promises he he would say he loves me but he truely didnt !! And my ass at the time believed him !!..my relationship taught me that when a person shows you who they truley are the first time believe them !!! Because they will never change !! And with that said I should have noticed the red flags early and left his ass !!!
lightoftheworld
by Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:48 PM
Sometimes you are jumping from the pan into the fire? Ending my marriage did not make life easier, it made it much harder! If I had known what lay ahead as a single mother, I probably would have worked harder to save my marriage
clclay1221
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:12 PM
3 moms liked this

1. If he raises his voice or his hand once, it will happen again and again and again. 2. There is no such thing as "saving" a man. 3. Never move in until there is a rock on your finger or you have the finances to get your own place at the drop of a hat. 4. If he's not a "kids" person that also applies to yours. No matter how much he may love you, that has nothing to do with your kids. 5. Kids have a 6th sense about people, especially bad ones, this is why pedophiles use decoys (puppies, candy, etc.) If your kids is super shy and clingy when a new guy comes near you, even in public. Say goodbye and walk away. 6. I am a Strong mamba jamba and a force to be reckoned with. 

ANewMe0812
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:37 PM
You hit the nail on the head!

Quoting justbrittanyb: I learned just how strong of a person I am. I also learned hindsight is 20/20 and I should have seen red flags a long time ago but things seem to happen for a reason and through that hell I came out with a beautiful baby girl that I love more than anything
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:57 PM
Bump
Callaly
by Jessica on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I learned that there is absolutely no reason to rush anything, if its meant to be it will happen naturally.
idomatter
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Life is too short to be anything but what you are-meaning your own beliefs are important. Your feelings are valid. Freedom is sweet. Oppression and abuse is bullshit. That muthafucka is the one with issues, not you!

Singlewiththree
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this

After being married to 14 years to a manipulative man who lied, stole (from me and our kids), had women on the side...did I mention that that he lied about EVERYTHING, I learned that I'm so much better off by myself.  There may be days that I struggle in many different ways, want a companion, wish that my marriage had survived and pray to God that He help me to show my kids what a good relationship looks like.  However, I'm so thankful for the peace of mind that I prayed for each and every day of my marriage. 

I realized that I stayed too long when the day that he left all three of my girls turned on some music and danced all night long (literally). They haven't stopped telling me that he is glad that he is g.o.n.e.  and that they didn't know how miserable they were until it was just us.  They see him about 2 times a month for a very few hours, if he has nothing to do with his wife and new son (she was the OW).  They hate going and are so glad to get back home.  I definitely learned that staying for the kids is never a good idea and separating may be exactly what they want.  You can teach them a healthier way of living when you are a healthier mom.  I may need to lose some weight, but I'm MUCH healthier in my mind, body and soul. 

LifeCafe42
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this
If someone buys you a cat let them have it don't insist on taking it and I don't need anyone to make me complete other than myself
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)