Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it wrong?

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:40 PM
  • 9 Replies

To drop off your kids to do homework at home?

Background: I'm a single mom no help, no support system, the only sitter I ever have is the day care. I don't go out, I do not take time for myself. I am however a full time college student and arrange my class schedule to where my daughter (3rd grade) will only be at the day care for 2 hours and my son (half day K) will only be there for 5 and thats just tuesdays and thursdays. If I take less classes I cannot use my grants, and thats the majority of my funding and its too late to take out more loans and also with a grant I cannot drop any classes or I lose my funding I also cannot go below a 2.6 with my grants (I'm at a 3.0 now). I also have to drive about an hour to get to school so my income cannot cover going more than two days downtown and back. At home its just me- for homework, dinner, etc. and all single moms know that when you are at home with your two kids your not stopping or sitting for that matter. My classes are a little more advanced now that I'm a junior also- Psychology of Sensation and Perception, Psychology of Stigma and Prejudice, and Introduction to Cognitive Psychology. I am also taking an online course. Thinking about this I don't see how I will have time to keep up with my work. Or sleep bc I work at night (11pm-4am) every weekday.

So is is wrong to take my kids more than those two days a week to work on homework? 

I would never leave them there until 6 all day, and they both have sports (gymnastics 2x a week, soccer 3 xs a week) so it wouldn't even be possible. I just need help that I don't have.

by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lightoftheworld
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:46 PM
Do you mean take them to daycare? Of course not! Do what you need to do... You have to take care of yourself first or you will not be able to take care of your family
LifeCafe42
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:31 PM
Do what you need to do it's hard when you are 100% you will benefit your kids in the long run
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:34 PM
I see nothing wrong with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:50 PM
I'm not sure what you are asking.
Callaly
by Jessica on Jun. 30, 2014 at 12:23 AM
If your asking if its qrong to bring em to daycare to get a little extra work done I really dont think theres an issue with that. You have to do what you have to do to make your personal situation work and strive at what your doing
sid1083
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 2:51 PM

I think the only one putting this guilt trip on you is - you. You've come up with a way to get homework done quietly . . . regardless of who watches your kids, it's a plan - you're getting homework done for school, and your kids are taken care of.

rachel216
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 3:00 PM
Why would it be.a big deal? My kids go to daycare almost every day and i.need them to stay from 730am to 530pm i go to school from 850til 5, and i live 30mins from my school. There is nothing wrong with keeping your kids n daycare for a couple hrs more then usual
Moxiesbuddy
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 4:52 PM

You're in a very busy season, hon, and it's perfectly fine to carve out time to make sure you succeed in these classes. Your future (and your kid's future) depends on accommodating your education and making this adjustment.

It doesn't sound like your kids are in daycare that much and your diligence will speak volumes to them when they are old enough to understand the sacrifices you are making. Don't feel guilty about taking care of yourself, whether it be sleep or some time to yourself. You're giving a lot and are clearly a committed mom.

I do hope you find some friends or neighbors who can come alongside and help you with your many responsibilities. Hang in there!

Moxiesbuddy

cjsmom1
by Group Admin on Jun. 30, 2014 at 5:12 PM

You should drop them off for a few extra hours a week so you can keep up with your school work

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)