Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trying To Tell My Little Sister Being A Young Parent Isn't Easy

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:31 PM
  • 12 Replies
As A Big Sister I Tried Telling My Little Sister Being A Teen Mom Isn't Easy. Having Kids Is The Biggest Responsibility You'll Ever Have. She Seem To Think It's Gonna Be So Easy But Little Do She Know It's Not. She Has No Job & She's On Probation & Her Child Father Is In Jail For 2 Years (F'd Up Right?) But Anyway That Mean Everybody Else Gonna Have To Step In & Pick Up Her Slack & His Slack. I Said I'm Not Picking Up Her Slack Or His Slack Because 1 I Have A Kid Of My Owns & He Comes Before Anybody Else Child 2 If She Can't Financially Take Care Of That Baby She Has No Business Having A Baby
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ANewMe0812
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:49 PM
2 moms liked this
Damn. That's a bad situation. Unfortunately, she won't learn if everyone steps up and takes care of her kid for her. Helping out is fine but she should still be responsible for her child most of the time.
clclay1221
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Unfortunately its sink or swim. I was a teen mom and it made me- it breaks others. You'll have to just wait and see and if you believe in God pray that that baby doesn't have to be swept up in that lifestyle. It sounds like you have your head on your shoulders so maybe having your good influence about what a young, fierce, single mom is will help her. I'd be ready to offer advice like its candy. 

cjsmom1
by Group Admin on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:47 PM

I know you don't want her struggle to impact that baby but it has to. She's not desperate enough to get up and do all the things herself? If not then it won't help.

LifeCafe42
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:02 PM
Like the other mom said she will sink or swim. Having a child turned me around and made me a much better person but I wasn't a teen mom. Hopefully for her kid she will swim
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sid1083
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 2:41 PM

Sometimes we all just have to figure things out for ourselves - not by listening to other's experiences, but by living it ourselves. Unfortunately, this may be hers to experience; hopefully she does well with it.

Meg2011425
by Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I had to learn the hard way, but I also had no idea how much a baby will be/do or anything. I was inexperienced. My son is now 5 and I have fought to give him the world. Just like I'll continue to do. But like others said, she'll either sink or swim.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dayanna_
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 3:23 PM
She'll have to learn on her own that it will be hardships ahead but it's not IMPOSSIBLE, I was 16 when I got pregnant & 17 when I had my child, & that changed my life for the better ... I basically had to grow up over night but it made me into a strong, single & independent mother... She'll learn from her own experiences though...

Quoting MoniqueY93: As A Big Sister I Tried Telling My Little Sister Being A Teen Mom Isn't Easy. Having Kids Is The Biggest Responsibility You'll Ever Have. She Seem To Think It's Gonna Be So Easy But Little Do She Know It's Not. She Has No Job & She's On Probation & Her Child Father Is In Jail For 2 Years (F'd Up Right?) But Anyway That Mean Everybody Else Gonna Have To Step In & Pick Up Her Slack & His Slack. I Said I'm Not Picking Up Her Slack Or His Slack Because 1 I Have A Kid Of My Owns & He Comes Before Anybody Else Child 2 If She Can't Financially Take Care Of That Baby She Has No Business Having A Baby
Frances0923
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 3:29 PM

How old is she? Whats done is done. She needs to now grow up faster than she had too before, get a job to financially support her child and get all her shit together. You should atleast guide her if she allows you. She's in a bnad situation. I don't regret having my son at 19 turning 20 but I had my own place with my man and continued schooling. It's hard but manageable. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 8, 2014 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this
My lil sis said the same thing she expects everyone else to care for her baby. I looked at her and said "um do you see your niece(my daughter) sitting here I can't afford to be taking care of your child and mine and guess which one I'll be caring for?" She shut her mouth quickly lol
Sheila79
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 6:53 AM
If only no one stepped up so she could see how hard it really is but eventually it all ends. Hopefully she'll learn if not hope everything with the child will be alright
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)