Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Labor!

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 3:40 AM
  • 26 Replies
When did you realize you were in labor? How long? Did you use a epidural or go natural? Mid-wife or hospital?

Tell me your stories! TTM
by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 3:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 7:32 AM

1-induced, epidural, dr/hospital 12 hours

2-12am woke up with contractions, 2am I woke up dh, epidural, dr/hospital, 8 hours

3-Labor started around 4 am, chatted with friends online for a few hours, dr/hospital, no meds 8 hours

4-induced, 4 hours, midwife/hospital, epidural. Freaked out my midwife because she came to check on me before she went to lunch. I told her (before she actually checked me) that she might as well hang around as little one would be there soon. She checked me,was like, 'wow, you can push when you are ready'. Pushed twice and little one was there. Yeah, easy labor.

5&6-Csection planned, went into labor 5 days earlier, they tried to stop, NOT. Emergency csec.

Callaly
by Jessica on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:58 AM

My one and only. 1 week over due, went in for an induction at 5am on Dec 10, no pain medication, no dialation, at 9am on Dec 11th DDs heart rate was not good, so emergency csection, she was born December 11th at 10:04am

it was not the best expierence lol

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 1:13 PM

My labor with my first was 36+ hours from the time my water broke.  I had to have pitocin to try to move things along but after all that time and no dilation past one cm, I had a c-section.  My others were both c-section.

Frances0923
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 1:22 PM

Induced, epidural, hospital 5pm-11:56am

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 2:14 PM

1 - middle of the night I realized I had started labor, they had me come in right away due to Gestational Diabetes.  My water broke at hospital - had 4 epidurals before ending up with an emergency c-section middle of following night as DD was in distress.  Lost a lot of blood, needed blood transfusion and a spinal block before being released

2 - again, middle of the night my water broke - at home this time.  Had successful 1st try epidural and tried for a VBAC but DS was too big to chance trying too long so ended up with another c-section.  Hemorrhaged and had to have another blood transfusion.

fun times - lol

KREX0914
by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 7:20 PM

Both times I just knew. I told my doctor I was done being pregnant now so to help me get the baby out. They obliged. Ellie's labor laster 18 hours, 2 hours of pushing, with three doses of fentenol and an epidural in a hospital. Linley's labor lasted 5 and 1/2 hours, 15 minutes of pushing, with an epidural in a hospital.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jul. 10, 2014 at 12:16 AM
I was induced. After 24 hours I got an epidural because I hadn't progressed and I knew I needed some kind of sleep before I had a newborn
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 1:49 AM

I had ds in the hospital. I went in at 2:30a and had him at 7:30a it was a fast easy delivery. I got an epidural. The worst part was the doctor cut me right before ds came out and I had to get 5 stitches. The pain from that was worse then labor.

JazzysMom812
by on Jul. 10, 2014 at 1:55 AM

I spent 18 hours in labor and went to the hospital not once but twice and both time I was sent home, my dh delivered our dd at home on the bathroom floor.

Luvbeinamommy10
by on Jul. 10, 2014 at 2:07 AM
I had my membranes ruptured and my water broke as I was pulling out of the hospitals parking lot on a Friday and I had her the next day at 10:22 pm it was a long labor and I wanted to do a natrual water birth but I couldn't handle the pain anymore so I ended up getting an epidural and I have no intentions of ever trying a natrual birth again its just too much
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN