Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

What do you ladies think...

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 4:21 PM
  • 35 Replies

Mobile Photo

Someone posted this in Facebook. What do you ladies think? I don't agree. My ex pays child support but is inconsistent in his presence in our children's lives. I call myself a single mom all the time.
by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momstar36
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it's redundant... single woman with children= a single mother

fitegirl
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 4:29 PM
2 moms liked this
I agree. I'm single and a mom, therefore I a single mom.

Quoting momstar36:

I think it's redundant... single woman with children= a single mother

sid1083
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 5:04 PM

I don't think it should be a competition - who has it worse - all that becomes is a race to the bottom. But given the link on the pic, it kind of sounds like a bitter SM came up with that one.

fitegirl
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 5:12 PM
Haha!!! I didn't even notice the link.

Quoting sid1083:

I don't think it should be a competition - who has it worse - all that becomes is a race to the bottom. But given the link on the pic, it kind of sounds like a bitter SM came up with that one.

MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 5:55 PM
Whoever wrote that is seriously retarded. Single mom has nothing to do with financial issues. It's a mother who's not with the father of her kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fitegirl
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 6:01 PM
A "friend" sent this to me via Facebook and said I need to stop calling myself a single mom since I get child support from my ex.

Quoting MeeshMom: Whoever wrote that is seriously retarded. Single mom has nothing to do with financial issues. It's a mother who's not with the father of her kids.
brieri
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Meeshmom has it correct.  Never heard of a married mom.  Married woman with kids yeah, but not a married mom.  Eww that just sticks. lol

MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 6:27 PM
I'd unfriend them

Quoting fitegirl: A "friend" sent this to me via Facebook and said I need to stop calling myself a single mom since I get child support from my ex.

Quoting MeeshMom: Whoever wrote that is seriously retarded. Single mom has nothing to do with financial issues. It's a mother who's not with the father of her kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I say bullshit. Just because they can does not mean they do. There are different types of single moms just like their are different types of single dad's. We all face different and similar challenges. It isn't a contest of who has it harder.
KREX0914
by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 7:14 PM

"Able to" and "willing to" are two different things.

He is "able to" care for her because he has two other children younger than her with another woman who he does provide for. He does pay his $12.50 per week in child support ... Whoo hoo ... But I'm still a single mother.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN