Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

alone

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 5:01 PM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this
I'm so tired of being alone. I'm tired of needing a friend and none being there. I'm just tired. I need help and no one is around and i don't know how many more times I can pick myself up. I desperately need someone to show that they care and that i matter. I've gone to friends houses and cleaned on days I don't work and dont have my kids, because they need help. But no one has ever done it for me. They act amused and always respond, I wish I could but ive got something stupid to do and don't want to :). I get the amused apology as a response to me calling to finally vent, even though I'm crying and saying i wish i could just take off and not deal with this anymore. How is that funny? What about me reaching my limit is funny? I'm venting on a website full of people I dont know in desperation for sympathy instead of getting some real help from my family and so called friends. It's pathetic. I can't keep doing this.
by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 5:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nisha929
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like you need some new friends. Hope things get better for you.  

GremlinMom
by Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 7:42 PM
How do you tell your friends and family they suck? Since i can't call any one pwrson and ask to talk, vie I apparently know the busiest people on earth. I've resorted to putting it on facebook, (seriously I don't have a bunch of random people on there, its friends qnd family to share the kids growing up with) and I never recieve a phone call or text or anyone asking whats wrong and offering to just be there. I've also resorted to calling a single parent hotline, which is stupid because all they do is try to get you off the phone qnd give numbers to call for resources. Don't say anything about that, its stupid and useless even though it sounds the opposite. I just need to talk to someone.
ANewMe0812
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 8:40 PM
4 moms liked this
Being a single parent is rough but you've got to stop relying on other people to make you feel better about yourself and your situation. Nothing wrong with looking for support but wanting others to feel sorry for you is ridiculous. You owe it to yourself and your kids to rise to the occasion and stop waiting for someone to come and save you. Its time you say to yourself that you cant count on anyone and figure out a way to be happy anyway.
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Jul. 11, 2014 at 8:45 PM

Quoting Nisha929:

Sounds like you need some new friends. Hope things get better for you.  

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Jul. 11, 2014 at 8:45 PM
Hugs
woodstock525
by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 8:55 PM

What are do you live?  There may be some support groups out there for mom's that you could join or playgroups.  Another option may be to go to counseling for yourself.  Hugs to you.

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 9:39 AM
Most people are judgemental..and try to dictate ur life...but wont give u one cent or a helping hand. Who need " friends" like that.
ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

So you come right out and ask your friends & family for help & they refuse?  That's awful!  I go through spurts of feeling alone and wish I could call friends and vent sometimes but then I feel like we all have our problems so I keep to myself.  But I don't doubt for a second that if I did call them, they would be there for me.  I'm sorry you are going through that.  Have you considered counseling?  Also, do you attend church?  Maybe it's time you branch out to find different friends.  ((HUGS))

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jul. 12, 2014 at 1:39 PM

Quoting diaperstodating: Hugs

AvasMommy111
by Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 2:42 AM
Its really sad to find out when our friends are users. Ihave friends that come around when they need something...like $..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)