Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I would've been happier with a baby...

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2014 at 2:12 PM
  • 32 Replies

We're getting a dog... OH JOY!

Can you feel the excitement?

BF's SUPER STOKED and I'm "Meh." Said "We're making progress getting a dog then we'll work on a baby..." 

I'm not anti-animal by any means. I'm just not mentally prepared for one at the moment. The sheer number of kids toys that litter the floor a dog (Rott-Chow mix) is just another thing to get under my feet when I have 50,000,000,000 things to get accomplished. :/ I wish I could be as excited as my BF right now... 

by on Jul. 12, 2014 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nisha929
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 5:03 PM
2 moms liked this

How hard is it to tell him that you don't want to get a dog right now? If a dog will be a problem...I'm positive adding another baby to the mix would be too...ijs.   

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2014 at 5:23 PM
I'd tell him no. I don't want a dog and I am not getting one.
mjhunter
by Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 11:02 PM
I promised my son he could get one of his own when he's 10. I'm really dreading it. Luckily he's only 7 so I have a couple of years. I'm not an animal person at all.
harleigh07
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 11:14 PM
2 moms liked this
I have a dog and it's not too bad. Yea the potty training sucked but that's about it. DS (7) takes care of Hachi. We go for walks every other morning and it's kinda like a bonding experience and we are all getting our exercise. I use that time to let DS tell me anything he wants without me getting mad or lecturing. Just two "adults" having a conversation. He loves it! And it helps DS know that he can tell me anything.

Use the dog to your advantage :)
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jul. 13, 2014 at 11:39 PM
Get an older dog from the pound skip the potty training phase
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mira_B
by Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 5:43 AM
It was mostly sarcasm... I told him to wait. Several times actually. But he's a guy and does what he wants. And his desire to please his daughter is like OMG!!! So we have a dog...

Quoting Nisha929:

How hard is it to tell him that you don't want to get a dog right now? If a dog will be a problem...I'm positive adding another baby to the mix would be too...ijs.   

Callaly
by Jessica on Jul. 14, 2014 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I thank goodness that my land lords clearly said no animals.. otherwise pretty sure SO would have brought home a dog by now.

Mira_B
by Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Well here's the dog. She's about a year old and a Rott-Chow mix... She's sweet and house trained but needs some manners (deff has to learn what 'move' means!!!)

She's not too bad. I just didn't want a dog...
Kirbyjo
by Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 1:11 PM

She's adorable!  Try to enjoy her. My pooch is such a love bug, he's helped me through some tough emotional stuff. 

Quoting Mira_B:

Mobile Photo

Well here's the dog. She's about a year old and a Rott-Chow mix... She's sweet and house trained but needs some manners (deff has to learn what 'move' means!!!) She's not too bad. I just didn't want a dog...

zumbanerd
by Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 2:37 PM

I'm pretty grateful that I'm highly allergic to dogs and cats (this is due from having dogs and cats growing up and developing the allergies) so this isn't something I need to worry about. Your dog looks adorable. I'm sure that you will fall in love with her!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)