Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

finally divorcing and daughter tells her friend her dad touched her

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

I finally started divorce proceedings. My daughter told her friend and confided her dad molested her. It happened once she said but has always complained that he touches her bottom and she hates it. It explains so much. Once at a physical she was covering up so much the pediatrician asked if she had been touched. I said no at the time. Husband was emotionally and physically abusive. Outside world thought he was great. Kids don't want to see him. He is on supervised visits. He is saying he didn't do it or hit me of course. He has a lot of money and hid it all. He claims he can't work now as he has recovered from skin cancer of which I helped him through. He is trying for full or joint custody. No arrest because my daughter said it could have been a dream but went on to say that it was real cause she remembered feeling his hand on her. She cries and asks why he did this to her. I support her and tell her all the time. We left the house and he refuses to leave to let us back in. Living at my mom's away from their friends and school, activities. Dealing with all this, four kids including dd who is 11. It is too much to take. Trying to be strong. He is fighting hard with lawyer saying I put my dd up to this. Horrible if she finds out. He is saying all is my fault and I am ailienating and brainwashing kids. Awful nightmare. Now I have to face him next week at a case conference. Has anyone gone through similar situation?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2014 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
nrouette
by New Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 4:19 PM
Stay strong and listen to your gut, Mama. Are you all lawyered up? Document EVERYTHING, & do not speak to him without an unbiased withness present or via email so there is documentation.... I am SO sorry. Also, get your daughter back fora eval @ a childrens hospital, where they have a specific child sexual trauma unit available. Therapy asap for her as well...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2014 at 5:05 PM

Thank-you. I did take her to the pediatrician and that was traumatic but she was very strong. You are right about documenting everything and I am having no contact with him. My dd is so strong she went and told her teacher because she was so upset after the police questioning. Her wonderful teacher reminded her to use her voice and she has been. She speaks with CAS who have also documented what the children say. We will be seeing a therapist who deals with children of trauma.

Thank-you so much for your support.

sarahmiamaria
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:35 PM
Good luck! Went through almost the same thing last summer but my daughter is only 4 so without physical evidence her claims were "unfounded" even though the doctors and therapists all agree it happened. Makes you sick to your stomach I know. Stay strong, this too shall pass
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 13, 2014 at 1:01 PM
2 moms liked this

Thank-you. So sorry for you and your daughter. I pray she is kept safe, always. It is awful how these men get away with hurting innocent children. 

Quoting sarahmiamaria: Good luck! Went through almost the same thing last summer but my daughter is only 4 so without physical evidence her claims were "unfounded" even though the doctors and therapists all agree it happened. Makes you sick to your stomach I know. Stay strong, this too shall pass

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jul. 13, 2014 at 11:52 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm so sorry for your daughter I hope he rots
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2014 at 9:45 AM

Thank-you.

Quoting LifeCafe42: I'm so sorry for your daughter I hope he rots

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN