Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Neighbors

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:48 AM
  • 11 Replies
I love on a nice quiet street in an older neighborhood. My neighbors across the street are just starting to drive me nuts.

They have two foster kids. I don't agree with all their parenting decisions but one really stood out. The dad was hosing the 3 year old down but naked and the little guy was screaming.

Their dogs. Every morning they let them out the front door and they come across the street to my yard or my neighbors yard and use the bathroom. They do this every time the dogs need to go out.

Their trash. OMG it is disgusting. They leave their trash can out on the curb 24/7/365 and just bring their trash bags and everything else out when need be. This morning their are pizza boxes and Lord knows what else around the can.

Their yard. I understand they have young children but their is crap all over their yard.

They are the only ones on the street that do this. It's not some ritzy neighborhood but it's nice.

Would you call the city and complain? There is an ordinance that requires trash bins to be off the street the night of collection. Caps for the foster kids?
by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gmsm0119
by New Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Definitely call code enforcment for the trash and the dogs. If you live in a deed-restricted community they have a lot of leverage over how homeowners keep up their property. My mom's house was a deed restricted community but the city is in charge of that now. You can always call the state about the foster kids as well-hosing a naked 3 year old down in the front yard isn't a good look...

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jul. 13, 2014 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow call the foster system and report them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 2:31 AM

I would probably report them. There's no reason to hose a child off like that

PeachQuean
by New Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 6:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I fail to see why anyone would even care. 

Meh! 

I hose my kids off outside all the time after a good old time in the bush riding around in the mud. And yup sometimes they cried over it too...oh well they can suck it up! 

PogoPalOj
by on Jul. 14, 2014 at 6:41 AM

In a heartbeat. Those dogs could hurt children in the neighborhood. Most states have leash laws.  If he is making the baby cry I'd get it on video, and report it.  I'd make a video of the dogs running loose too.  Sick him, get him, kill him!

wendythewriter
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 8:27 AM

The kid being hosed off - I don't know. I've got one that can get muddy by simply thinking about water and dirt at the same time and if he gets dirty enough, he gets hosed off. He's almost 11, so he doesn't get naked anymore, but when he was littler, sometimes he was, if he really got the mud in everywhere. And sometimes he'd cry. As soon as it was over, he was done crying. Now, if he was using one of those sprayers that makes the water come out really hard, or spraying him directly in the face, that's wrong, but the hosing alone, I don't know that that would be a reason to report him. 

The dogs and trash, if there are laws regarding them, I would report. The dogs, especially, because I'd be worried that they might hurt someone while they're running around free like that. Of course, I'd also be a bitch and start scooping up their dog's crap and tossing it back into their yard. lol

Callaly
by Jessica on Jul. 14, 2014 at 8:51 AM

Concerning his lawn and garbage I would call the city. I had to do that for my mom, her neighbor is the back had a really bad eye sore of wood and fence that was falling over as well as weeds just growing like crazy, pretty sure it was infested by rats! The city came out and issues a warning for 48 hours that it needed to be cleaned up .

For the foster kids, its touchy because the child was butt naked, but hosing off is not an "offence" but maybe talk to your neighbor and let them know that because of your kids, you would appriciate if the child need to be naked they be naked inside?

booscomputer
by Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I had a neighbor who would walk their dog down to my lawn to go to the bathroom.  I was outside one day when they came by and I told her that I was putting down poison to kill the weeds.  She took her dog the opposite direction after that.  BTW -- the bottle was filled with water that I was spraying on my lawn.

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 1:20 PM

That's awesome!

Quoting booscomputer:

I had a neighbor who would walk their dog down to my lawn to go to the bathroom.  I was outside one day when they came by and I told her that I was putting down poison to kill the weeds.  She took her dog the opposite direction after that.  BTW -- the bottle was filled with water that I was spraying on my lawn.

happynewyorker
by Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 2:22 PM

If where u live, they have a lease law.  I'd call whom ever and complain about the animals roaming and not being on a lease.  With regard to the trash, take pictures and file a complaint if it's too much.  Try not to be anonymous, you don't want your neighbors to find out it was on you.  You'll be on the I.D. discovery channel and you don't want that. 

The problem is that your property value will go down, because of this. Have you spoken to any of your neighbor's?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)